Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Google Play Store on a Kindle Fire
  • mashr

I’ve very quickly skimmed a guide on installing Play Store onto a Kindle Fire – seems a wee bit faffy but not bad for a 1-off event. Has anyone here already done it? Any reason that it shouldn’t go as planned/hoped?

If anyone’s wondering, there’s an app I need thats not in the Kindle store.

kimbers

Ive tried several times & it failed, tho didn’t affect tablet in any way

If u get it to work please give me a link!

Stainypants

I’ve done it the manual way described here before and it worked fine but after a while the tablet went a bit laggy so i factory reset it, that was a HD10.

Link

I’ve just bought some HD8 on prime day and I’m going to do it using Amazon Fire Toolbox mentioned in the comments in the link as I’ve got four to do.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Did in on a Fire HD10 a couple of years ago. No real issues except a constant “sign in error” notification but could never work out what the error was and all worked fine.
    Did a factory reset recently though because it was generally dying. Don’t really use it for anything other than Netflix though, so don’t need to re-googlify it.

frogstomp

I used the Fire Toolbox on my HD8 to add the Play Store and also disable / remove loads of the bloatware. Made a big difference to the performance of the tablet..

djl1

I used the toolbox yesterday. Straight forward and no issues so far after removing all the amazon bloat

mashr

Fire Toolbox worked a treat thanks!

ta11pau1

This – tried a couple of times on my niece’s HD10 manually installing the APK, Google play services etc, then installed the Fire Toolbox, 2 minute job, worked perfectly!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Toolbox worked for me too, my 7 is finally usable!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Google Play Store on a Kindle Fire’ is closed to new replies.