Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Google photos / drive help
  • meeeee
    Free Member

I decided to back up all my photos that were on my pc and old dvd backups to Google photos, I downloaded backup & sync and selected the folders I wanted to backup and left it churning away. I wanted it backed up in the free high quality storage where it compresses them as that’s good enough for me.

Anyway I went to check this morning and it seems to be backing up some photos to Google drive as well which is eating up my free Drive storage. I can’t seem to find an option to make it only backup to Google photos, anyone know what it’s doing?

It’s still churning away and seems to think I’ve got 52000 photos which I’m pretty sure I haven’t, so not sure what it’s doing!

flyingmonkeycorps

Do you have any raw files on there? It won’t recognise those as images I don’t think. So you could feasibly have jogs, raw files then the xml files that contain edit info for the raws if you use Lightroom or similar.

meeeee
    Free Member

No raw files just jpegs. Restarted my pc and I’ll leave it churning away and see what happens. Not sure why it’s copying stuff to Drive as well though. Time for some googling…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Google photos / drive help’ is closed to new replies.