Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Google Maps, can’t import GPX ???
  • scruff
    Free Member

I’m signed in, the internet tells me to create a map first in my maps but there’s no option to do this. Tried on android phone and iPad.
    Anyone show me how or what I’m missing?

ebygomm
    Free Member

Tried on an android phone in the app or in the browser? In the browser if you click the three lines to the left of the logo the create map option is in there

andy5390

In Chrome (laptop version) click on – the 3 bars/your places/maps tab – create map is at the bottom. Clicking import gives you the option to import GPX despite it not saying so on the link

https://support.google.com/mymaps/answer/3024925?visit_id=637199913267536554-3991802515&p=lite_addplaces&rd=1

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve made a new map and layer in my maps now, but still no gpx import available on android or iPad. Maybe it’s just on the windows version.

andy5390

I’m using a Chromebook, but opening maps in the Chrome browser. When I click “create map” I get this

Then clicking “Import” gives me this (the new window may differ depending on the OS being used)

ebygomm
    Free Member

If you open the legend, add layer, you should then get an import option. (Chrome on Android)

scruff
    Free Member

Worked it out, the normal mobile app won’t do it, top right button gives option to use desktop app then it works fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Google Maps, can’t import GPX ???’ is closed to new replies.