Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Google is letting me down…Skip location question
  • sc-xc

I think my internet is broken. We are getting a conservatory, and am wondering if it’s possible to get a skip in the back garden (over a 6ft high fence with 6ft wide panels and a knee high wall)

We have just had a new tarmac drive laid – not sure I want a skip on that (would it cause any damage?

Cheers

wwaswas

best bet is probably to get a few 8×4 sheets of 12mm ply on the drive and have them put the skip on those?

Houns

Can you remove fence panels?

Maybe rest the skip on blocks of wood?

Stick the skip on front lawn?

Put skip in road?

maccruiskeen

Best just to call the local skip hire co and ask them – skips aren’t all the same shape and neither are skip trucks – some lift the skip off, some tip and roll the skip off, the ones that lift sometimes have a capacity to extend the lifting arms but not all do… and they might not be able to work with that extension once the skip is full.

Put skip in road?

You’ll usually need a permit for that

40mpg

It won’t go over a fence. May fit between posts if you remove a panel, dependent on skip and lorry size.

As WWaswas says, easiest to protect your drive. Try OSB as its cheaper than ply, or salvage some 2nd hand shuttering ply from a building site (with permission)

mrhoppy

It’s very unlikely that you’ll be able to drop a skip over the fence without it costing you a lot for the size of skip. Most residential skip lorries only have a short range for a lift due to the leverage, add in going over the fence and it’s unlikely to happen. If you can get the fence panels out you might get a small one through or you might find someone that could use a hi-ab but that’s gonna cost you as it’s a relatively big vehicle compared to skip size. Ply under the skip on the drive is going to be easiest & most cost effective.

nickjb
    Free Member

Maybe consider a different option. A grabber/muckaway, hippo bags, man with a truck

footflaps

They don’t have much reach:

Lift new skip back onto ground. by brf, on Flickr

bigyinn
    Free Member

When you do got your skip, can I have a rummage please?

Every time I walk past a skip I have to look. I blame my parents!

Drac

Speak to the skip company explain the situation they will probably have some chocks they can rest it on for you.

sc-xc

Cheers all, drive looking like best bet then.

Ta

singlespeedstu

Just dump all the rubble on the railway walk like the caravan dwellers do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Google is letting me down…Skip location question’ is closed to new replies.