Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Google Chromecast: Channel 4 app is missing
  • cinnamon_girl

Using a Samsung tablet as always and the Channel 4 app has disappeared from the “Home” app selection.  i-player is still there though.  Have checked for updates, uninstalled the Channel 4 app then reinstalled and has not made any difference.

Anyone else having this or any ideas what to do please?

Thanks!

submarined
    Free Member

Is there any reason you’re not just using the All4 app and casting from there?

cinnamon_girl

For some strange reason the app has literally disappeared from the selection that has i-player, youtube etc.  I’d been using it successfully for years!

cinnamon_girl

Take a look here, it’s missing:

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_2015_apps

somouk
    Free Member

You sure it’s not just been re-branded ‘All 4’ as that is visible under the link you have sent.

cinnamon_girl

I downloaded the All4 app and removed the Channel 4 app but it isn’t with the other apps.  From past experience though Chromecast does have the odd glitches so wondered if that was the reason.  I hadn’t seen the All4 app in that link above.

Not sure whether there’s been any updates for the actual Chromecast so will check that out.

It’s frustrating when things decide to stop working!

cinnamon_girl

Sorry, just checked my link and, you’re correct, it is there but at a different angle!

somouk
    Free Member

I suspect it is a branding change from Channel 4 and they have depreciated the old app and replaced it with the new ‘All 4’ app. Their website certainly doesn’t mention the old one anymore.

jimmy

Probably related – looks like 4 have reviewed their offerings. This from freesat:

We’re sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

Channel 4 is still available in standard definition, but any recordings you have scheduled for 4HD will need to be re-set in SD (via channel 104).

E4, More 4, 4seven and Film4 remain unaffected and can be accessed via the TV guide as usual, but the rollback guide and catch-up TV for all of the Channel 4 channels will no longer be available via your Freesat box.

If you have any questions about these changes please read our Q&A here, and to find out where else you can watch All 4 please visit all4.com/how-to-watch

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Google Chromecast: Channel 4 app is missing’ is closed to new replies.