Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Google Chromecast and i-Player with tablet
  • cinnamon_girl

When casting the i-Player programme appears then I wait and wait some more but seems unable to play.

Despite turning wifi off and on then recasting it does the same again.

Any ideas please, don’t normally have a problem. Thanks.

markgraylish
    Free Member

What tablet? Has it ever worked?

I’ve got a Samsung Tab 4 tablet and I’ve never been able to get Chromecast working on it and when I did some googling, it turns out some Samsungs don’t support Chromecast.. 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

Mine was dicky the other night with same symptoms trying to watch trapped. Hudl 1. So I watched it on the youview iplayer instead.

Will try again tonight and report back.

Edit : have just checked on my phone and that’s fine

Have sent boy to get tablet and will try it again

Edit 2: although the program will cast from phone, iplayer app gets stuck in memory and won’t shut down properly on the phone, same as tablet last night. Looks like a shonky iplayer app update the other day.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cinnamon_girl

Thanks chaps. Yes, it does get used with i-Player, managed to cast something else with i-Player today so not the Samsung tablet. I think it’s a 3.

Trying to re-watch the Icelandic drama from last night, boo!

Stoner
    Free Member

Do you not have anything else you can iplayer on? I think the fridge is the only device left in the house that can’t run iplayer.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks Stoner, can’t say I noticed whether mine had been updated.

😀 I’ll try the PC.

Stoner
    Free Member

Try casting from chrome on the pc to chromecast. I think the problem is at device not chromecast

cinnamon_girl

You’ve lost me there! Actually it could well be due to shonky internet here, on another go slow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Google Chromecast and i-Player with tablet’ is closed to new replies.