Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Goodwood Festival of Speed – Expensive Accidents!
  • dannybgoode

Just watching the highlights – how expensive would it be to write off an ex-Ayrton Senna JPS Lotus F1 car?

Whoops…

Great that the owners of these fantastic cars actually let them out to be driven properly though – very brave of them.

Cheers

Danny B

boblo
    Free Member

Where were the highlights on please?

dannybgoode

They are on Sky HD F1 as we type…

Cheers

Danny B

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boblo
    Free Member

Ahhhh, well won’t be watching that then.

dannybgoode

That’s the one Mr Spider – 6th video along the bottom. Ouch…

Cheers

Danny B

Mr_C
    Free Member

There’s highlights on ITV4 next Thursday 9pm or ITV1 11:35pm

boblo
    Free Member

Ta. 🙂

footflaps

Doesn’t look like a write off, I expect it will be repaired and good as new.

STATO
    Free Member

I doubt most of the bits are original anyway, certainly lots of parts will have been replaced over the years due to age. Still not cheap, but i doubt it’ll put a dent in the owners pocket, compared to the relative running costs of it anyway.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Wishbones and front wing, hardly a write off, racing cars are designed to crash well. Those bit are easily replaced, if they were stronger then you’d damage the tub instead.
    In a real environment, that would have the bits replaced and be back out in the next qualifying session 😀

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If you really want it broken properly, Stirling Moss is apparently the man for the job.

robdob
    Free Member

If the owners didn’t want them to be crashed they wouldn’t drive them (or let someone else do it which is common).

For every classic car owner who keeps their car in an air conditioned safe box there are 10 who drive them, and several of them will be thrashing the wheels off them.

Cars like to be used and thankfully people do that to expensive ones! I am sure if Ayrton was around he’d be the first to jump on and car and bury the throttle. 🙂

Gribs

Just from a couple of hours sat on the hillside on Friday afternoon I saw 2 cars hit the bales. However it makes me glad they’re being used. Some of the cars out on the rally stage were a different level of bravery altogether.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Wasn’t there an (ex-Le Mans?) Jag XJ20000000000000 or something that was properly written of in the 90’s?

Anyone got a video of that?

These are a bit half-arsed (dare I say it) 😉

psychle
    Free Member

God I loved going to Goodwood each year, probably the thing I’m going to miss most about the UK (along with RIAT), these kind of events may just draw me back to live there again one day, would be ace to share with my lad as he grows up 😀

Legoman
    Free Member

I was at FOS last Saturday – one of the NASCAR racers spun and crashed into the bales right where my son & I were standing.
    The thing was literally coming straight towards us backwards!

Been searching YouTube but can’t find any footage of it

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Goodwood Festival of Speed – Expensive Accidents!’ is closed to new replies.