Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Goodridge hose problem
  • deano8
    Free Member

Bought some of that £7.99 carbon look hose of crc but I can’t get the olive over the hose.
    Tried trimming the outer cable but this didn’t work.
    Do I need to buy different fittings or should I just get replacement Shimano hose?
    Advice appreciated

orangeboy
    Free Member

Are you trying to use the shimano fittings or the proper Goodridge ones
    ?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Goodridge hose needs their own fittings. Goodridge hose has a greater diameter than Shimano hose.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deano8
    Free Member

I bought new shimano olives and inserts.
    Do you have to buy the whole fitting kit at £20 plus?
    Is it worth upgrading to this hose over standard shimano hose

Rorschach
    Free Member

Yes
    No

orangeboy
    Free Member

I do have Goodridge on several bikes and the only differnace I notice is the colour

tmb467
    Free Member

When you trim the outer the braid has a tendency to flare a little.

I was able to widen the olive enough (and tighten the braid a little) to squeeze it on without pulling back any braid

If you can spare a few mm perhaps try a new cut to remove the flared braid and wrap some tape around the outside to prevent it flaring when you cut

unovolo
    Free Member

As said above you CANNOT use the standard Shimano fittings ,you will need to buy the Goodridge ones,if they have not changed recently then the ends normally comprise a spike which is inserted into the end of the hose which then has a tight fitting sleeve which screws onto and over this and the hose making a seal,this sceond piece has the banjos for fitting to your levers or caliper.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Goodridge hose problem’ is closed to new replies.