Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Goodbye Privateer – it's been fun.
  • Cubed
    Free Member

18 copies for sale. Shame it’s gone under. Some pretty good articles about London raceway.

Give me the ride mag any day.

TiRed

575 I think. Came to mtbs very late and Privateer provided the history that one simply could not find elsewhere. Sad to see it go. The last issue is a work of art. Only noticed the number on the back after I finished it.

thepodge
    Free Member

No. 429, found my name pretty quick.

I’ll miss the mag, I cancelled Singletrack as I still have 4 unopened issues so by that rate Privateer was a bargain as I read it cover to cover, plus 3 times thicker than Singletrack with a 3rd of the adverts.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

It might seem like I’m being harsh but TBH launching a premium cycling magazine in the middle of a global downturn, in competition with an increasing amount of, mostly free, online content and lots of established mags with lower cover prices, was about the stupidest business idea anyone could have…

*cough* Rouleur *cough*

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

*cuogh* double post *cough*

monkeyboyjc

#520 – all my issues are now on ebay….

Twas a great mag – read the final issue last night cover to cover. The piece on Martin Ashton is truly amazing.

wwaswas

175 here found my name eventually plus about half the people I ‘know’ through Twitter 🙂

ratherbeintobago

Mine hasn’t turned up yet. Boo.

bland

18 issues pretty much still to read but least it will age well, a small investment for a timeless print for a sport I have dedicated years to. It will add nicely to issue one of mountain biker I have , all the early 90’s mags and mtb pro’s.

Its a shame its gone but also nice to have been part of, especially since issue one and it will be sought after in some years time but I’m keeping mine

gp
    Free Member

Absolutely excellent quality magazine, for me it was by far the best mtb publication. Sure perhaps It seems comparitively expensive but for the quailty (and quantity) of the content, design and photography it was well worth it… Shame to see it go.

mikehealey
    Free Member

Came to Privateer a bit late but very sorry to see it go, think it has suffered due to the
    current popularity of road bikes, “look at how well Rouleur is doing”.

Only one quality mtb mag left now!

Agree with the comments on the Albion mag, high quality and FREE!

Nezbo
    Free Member

I was a subscriber from issue 1, after the first period my subscription stoped coming so I contacted them to start it again, I and they had no idea why my subscription stoped.

After the second subscription period ended, the same again happens, no one knows why it stoped coming so they started is again.

After the 3rd or it could have been the 4th (each time the same) period ended same again, at this point I couldn’t be bothered contacting them again.

Shame it was a good mag, when I got it… But if they are not going the let people buy them or make it so hard to buy the mag.

Metasequoia

779 going to miss it, just getting into its stride and £9, well I stumped up and I’m from Halifax.

john_l
    Free Member

The pictures from Cass’s piece in this issue are just stunning. And it still smells nice.

twistedpencil

+1 regarding the Martyn Ashton piece, well written and an uplifting interview.

No. 579, will be sadly missed, the last few issues have been great, now tempted to print up some NINE QUID? tees 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

Order of taking out sub?

Don’t think so I was near the end and been subscribing since issue1 (but have never read a single issue, only browsed and read the occasional article, I will do though as said before they are pretty much timeless)
    Do still like my Privateer subs gift SatisFactory Rider TShirt

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye Privateer – it's been fun.’ is closed to new replies.