Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Goodbye old man.
  • colournoise

Found myself in a slightly dusty place today.

cinnamon_girl

So sorry, he looked to be a fun companion.

dovebiker

Sorry for your loss – great photos and memories

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Ah no – best wishes

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Arse. Sorry for you mate.

chipster

Sorry for your loss. Remember the good times.

Rorschach
    Free Member
    drewd

Sorry for your loss.

mattbee

“We still meet once in a while, when I close my eyes…” by Steve Sanderson.

Sad news, hope you feel ok.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He looks like a very happy fella.

All the best.

Drac

Ah bugger hardest part of owning a dog.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Remember the good times….

kendonagasaki

Sad news. Best wishes.

imnotverygood

He looks like he was a lovely dog. So sorry for you.

CountZero

A lovely dog, and looks like he had the best of lives, always remember that.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Aw, so sorry to read this, gorgeous pics.

themilo
    Free Member

Echo above, looks like he wanted for nothing, had all the outdoors he could want and loved/was loved.  Focus in that.  Feel for you.

breninbeener

Massive man hug for you. He was loved and lived well. Thats a great thing to do for a fab creature.

martymac

Great pics.

i remember burying a cat in my grandfathers garden a decade or so ago, whilst making the hole, I uncovered some bones, my grandad said ‘ aye there must be 30 cats in there’

he’d been there 76 years, since he was 14.

been many dogs too of course, working farms have a constant stream of dogs coming and going.

when i think back, it’s easy to remember the good times, hopefully you can do the same bud.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had one as a kid he lived till a ripe 19, this one curled up on the sofa next to me at 3 makes me smile a lot, even with his other dog hating ways. I dread the day he’s not here anymore. Sorry for your loss, love his second pic 👍

jamj1974

Handsome boy.  So sorry for your loss.

colournoise

Thanks all.

It was a weird one, as I was away riding the BHF Peaks Challenge and my wife took him to the vets for a stomach issue that turned out to be (obviously) pretty serious for a 12 1/2 year old dog. Odd feeling now saying goodbye to him as I left this morning not knowing it was a permanent one…

bodgy
    Free Member

Sadness. 😢

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Thank you for sharing the photos, they’re lovely.

Take care.

mark d
    Free Member

I’m not a dog person but those pics almost make me want to be; looks a friendly chap.

Sorry for your loss

sweepy
    Free Member

I’ve never met a bad dog but some just have something special about them and he looks like one of those. I’ve always been there at the end for mine, heartbreaking but glad to comfort them in the final minutes. Must have been doubly hard to come back to that news.

flumewelck
    Free Member

Very sad but I bet he had a really good life with you. Still think about my previous dogs quite often as you get so close to them,

househusband

Condolences from us all, colournoise.

@mattbee
    – I’ve got the three Steve Sanderson prints in that series – I consider it a trilogy.

funkmasterp

So sorry op. We had to do the same with our lovely Newfoundland last week.

granny_ring

Great photos, sorry for your loss.

piha
    Free Member

Sorry to hear of your sad loss OP. You have posted some smashing photo’s of your fella there, especially the photo of him shaking himself off on the wet sand, it’s a truly fabulous shot!

Well done on giving him a great life.

mattbee

@househusband- so have I, along with a few others. He’s just finished the 4th & final in the series which is possibly the saddest but loveliest  of the lot.

househusband

@househusband- so have I, along with a few others. He’s just finished the 4th & final in the series which is possibly the saddest but loveliest of the lot.

@mattbee
    Thanks for that; will order!.

Tiger6791

😪

cloudnine
    Free Member

It’s simply heartbreaking putting your four legged mates to sleep.  Been 6 months since we had our 13 year old Lab put down.  His ashes are still in the lounge.  Still miss his over enthusiastic welcome even if I’d been out for 5 minutes.

Big man hugs.

PJay
    Free Member

I feel for you. Our beloved 20 years old cat woke us up yowling in the night last night, unable to pass much urine but leaving blood wherever she sat; clearly in pain and distressed. She’s currently zonked out on our bed full of painkillers and antibiotics in the hope that it’s a uti but the vet feels that bladder cancer is a big possibility due to her age.

It’s hard to describe how much we love them and what a loss they are when they go.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Sad times. A very cute doggo that looks like a happy chappy. thanks for sharing.

Lost my ten year old patterdale to cancer a few months back  just remember the good times.

mrmoofo

Springers are great dogs ….

I have had two ….

Not sure the process of losing them make me want to have a 3rd ….

Sorry for your loss

dirkpitt74

Sorry for your loss.

Always had Dog’s as a kid – hardest part is saying good bye.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Oh man….I wish I hadn’t opened this thread, making me even more depressed!  Really sorry for your loss…looked like a great dog!  My in-laws lost their B/W Springer about a year ago now and they are still mourning him. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye old man.’ is closed to new replies.