Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Goodbye May Goodbye
  • epicyclo

Ever see a crocodile cry?

Looks like she finally found her way out…

chestrockwell

The foulest, lowest most shameless thing she did was use Grenfell in her resignation speech. Having been updated last week on just how much they have failed the victims this is truly wicked.

tthew

Just been watching various bits of her speech on the telly. They showed all the bits listing her “achievements”. I think, out of respect probably, they cut the bits where she referred to the the record number of food banks that have appeared in the last years, record levels of child poverty and the hostile environment for immigrants.

convert

You know how in good a old skool horror B movie when the hero digs themselves out of the grave they have been buried alive in only to find a graveyard of zombies with zero chance of escape. That’s us that is.

Houns

Sandwich

The foulest, lowest most shameless thing she did was use Grenfell in her resignation speech.

That was second lowest, the lowest was aligning herself with Nicholas Winterton. Truly shameless in the light of the Home Office harsh environment policy, as far from the Winterton outlook as it is possible to be.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I think she was a stubborn ignorant mule. But I suspect that she really believed in trying to find a compromise that both sides would agree to, and I believe she thought that her deal was the only one that could deliver that. Both the ERGs and Labours ideas ware unicorn delusions, as a remainer herself it was her deal or remain.

Despite her causing me and my wife difficulties with her clampdown on foreign spouses, we both felt sorry for her today.

I suspect that much of the rest of parliament are bigger tools than she was. It’s going to get much worse now.

I can’t abide the nastyness being directed at her in the same way I can’t abide the nastyness being aimed at left wing politicians. Save your hate for Farage and Robinson.

convert

Let’s not forget her hand holding visit to Trump less than a week after his inauguration. A man loathed by the bulk of the UK population but she couldn’t help herself.

And her shoddy ill judged general election.

If what is to come next was not so loathsome I’d say we were well shot of her.

epicyclo

There is one thing May can console herself with. She won’t go down in history as the UK’s worst Tory PM.

That’s coming up next…

EDIT:

Obviously I’m not the only one thinking that, the very next post that came up on FB was this:

raybanwomble
    Free Member

+1

I think it her own world she thought her way was the only way to bring the country together. History might judge that she was right but she was utterly deluded if she thought the children wanted to stop their shit throwing contest.

The rest of the country is spoiling for a fight, she got in the way and got knocked down and repeatedly kicked when she tried to get back up again.

spekkie
    Free Member

Promising all things to all people was never going to work. How could it, when people’s wishes were poles apart?

Brexit was originally a 52/48 split. Of that 52%, a percentage realised the next day that they’d been lied to, and over the following weeks and months another percentage realised the implications of what they’d voted for…..

In the end, what percentage of people are really going to get what they wanted?

geex
    Free Member
    Drac

BREAKING NEWS
    Mrs May’s speech in full.
    “It has been my honour to serve the richest 1,000 people in the country, to ensure that, while others starved, these gilded folk increased their wealth 183% in ten years. There is no greater honour for a Conservative Prime Minister than this, to lay down their humanity for their class and screw the poor into the dirt.
    It has been my honour to increase homelessness and the number of people using food banks, whether in or out of work.
    It has been my honour to screw up Brexit, to spread frustration and insecurity so that families in Swindon and Scunthorpe face the devastation of their communities.
    It has been my honour to enforce the bedroom tax and Universal Credit, to sanction those on benefit, to remove mobility vehicles from the disabled.
    It has been my honour to send out racist vans, to obsess about immigration, to ignore the plight of the Grenfell community and create a hostile environment for the Windrush generation who contributed so much to this country only to suffer my contempt.
    It has been my honour to plunge Carillion into crisis, leaving the Royal Liverpool Hospital mothballed.
    It has been my honour to cut local authority budgets by over half and to reserve the worst cuts for Barnsley, one of the beating hearts of the mining strike and ever troublesome Liverpool which has lost 64% of its money.
    It has been my honour to watch Libya plunged into chaos by my predecessor David Cameron, from whom I learned how to screw up royally.
    It has been my honour to extend waiting times in our hospitals and pave the way for the destruction of the NHS.
    It has been my honour to gurn and twist my face, to sob my heart out, but only because I feel sorry for myself and never the victims of my tenure.
    In short, it has been my honour to serve the country I love, by which I mean the sum of its wealth which I have ensured flowed disproportionately into the pockets of the rich, like my husband and me.”

crazy-legs

Can’t find the thread now but a guy on Twitter yesterday posted a close up of May’s crying face and said something about feeling sorry for her, she was an orphan, regardless of political views no-one should be having a go at her, she’d done her best blah blah.

Then underneath he was begging for the replies and vitriol to stop. Last time I saw it, it had about 3000 replies and growing – people saying they were giving her the same sympathy and empathy that she gave to the victims of Grenfell, the Windrush generation, the poor, the homeless….

it’s become a challenge keeping up with the satire news sites but this one was very good:
    https://newsthump.com/2019/05/24/theresa-may-dusts-off-cv-before-realising-achievements-section-doesnt-need-updating/

Drac

AD

Well this is a cheery article about who will get to choose our next PM:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48395211

Democracy at work.

Northwind

raybanwomble

But I suspect that she really believed in trying to find a compromise that both sides would agree to

You realise she’s spent the last months pretending to be finding a compromise, sometimes lying to people in her own cabinet to get them to agree to support her, meeting with opponents and just pissing about… If she believed in trying to find a compromise, why didn’t she try to find a compromise?

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye May Goodbye’ is closed to new replies.