Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Good value bike insurance
  • Country_Gent
    Free Member

Alright guys and gals,

I know this is an old topic but wanted to see if there are any developments in the market. One of my mates has just started getting into biking and wants to ensure his prospective purchase is suitable covered from tea-leaves.

His current contents ins will only go to £500 and he wants to spend £1k on a new ride.

I remember that Marks & Spencer, The AA and Direct Line contents insurance allowed you to include a decent spec bike on the policy. Anyone had any bad experiences with them recently or can think of any other companies worth looking at.

Thanks

robinbetts
    Free Member

I've used the ETA for a while now and they have been great. It's bike specific insurance so might be a bit more expensive than an add on to contents insurance, but I've had no messing about when claiming and they don't seem to have any stupid requirements in the policy.

They also provide a load of extras now, such as "breakdown cover" and a taxi home. Not sure exactly what breakdown cover for a bike entails but might turn out useful one day. http://www.eta.co.uk/insurance/cycle/summary

Bikes I've insured with them have been from £500 to £1000, but after my last one was stolen, I haven't insured my new one (£2500) as I can't really afford it. I just went for a **** off abus dlock and a little motion sensor alarm, always store the bike inside the house and never leave it out of site.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Good value bike insurance’ is closed to new replies.