Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Good time to rent a property?
  • alric
    Free Member

Is it going to be hard to find a property to rent at the moment?
    Are prices going to be over the top?
    Is it a renter’s market, or will you need a lot of security to offer at the estate agents?
    Looking for a small place in a rural location, so wondering if its best to grab what you can, or can afford to be more choosy
    Is covid making it really difficult? etc

Caher

I was going to buy but prices seem very very high at the moment. Plus I’m not sure where I want live.

alric
    Free Member

maybe people want to wait and see this covid thing out and let the prices stabilize before they put them on the market at reasonable rates

So I could be ok for the short term
    with 6month evictions, many less people needing to rent?

reluctantjumper

From my experience of looking at the usual websites rents are down an significant margin in urban areas, especially cities, but up a decent chunk in rural ones.

It’s put my plans to move back to the countryside on hold as rents have jumped from £500 to £750+ a month. Flats in my block in Cardiff are going for £550 or just not being advertised whereas they were up for £600+ before. Thankfully I’m only paying £495 as I’ve been there a long time so the landlord has never raised the rent otherwise I’d be asking for a reduction.

alric
    Free Member

Yes, I just read that there’s up to 20% decrease in London rental prices

munrobiker
    Free Member

What sort of property? A warehouse? Land? An office?

Or do you just mean a house? If so, why not just say house?

alric
    Free Member

Yes, I mean a house

furryaardvark
    Free Member

City centre rents (london) have dropped as people dont want to be there / dont need to be there for work etc. Beyond me why anyone would want to live there anyway, got to be very well of to live decently.
    Sale prices at their peak imho, so yes, sell up and rent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Good time to rent a property?’ is closed to new replies.