Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Good short blast in the White Peak
  • chevychase

I’m keto’d up to the eyeballs and weight is dropping fast but I fancy a blast in the Peaks on Saturday with a bit of techie interest, a little climbing but not too much and maybe 20k max.  Taking a bunch of lads who haven’t been on their bikes in about six months so don’t want to kill them – or me 🙂

Any recommendations? Preferably with a link to a gpx or map?

Was going to start out maybe Ambergate way as it’s only 30 mins drive from Nottingham where I live…

wrightyson
    Free Member

My standard go to loop would serve you well. Start @ whatstandwell at the canal car park, up to crich chase, over to shiney cliff, alderwasely, black rocks then back along the canal. That’ 15 mile and about 2100 ft. That loop is on my Strava and a quick look shows it done on the 14th july last year. Yoy may want to drop the chase bit and just head along the canal straight to shiney cliff. Be warned though its absolute bog out there at the minute and some routes are suffering so please be gentle…

Cafe afterwards at the family tree, mines a tea and bacon cob….

jekkyl

Park at stoney middleton, climb up to Eyam and past the graves, down the rocks in the wood and then back down to Stoney middleton down that ace rocky drop, that would be less than an hour. If that’s not enough climb up Coombs dale and then just turn round and go back down it. It’s faily long but the climb is gentle and descending it is nice and jumpy.

https://youtu.be/K9ybRYIJSNM

chevychase

Cheers gents. I’ll do some digging.

Will try to avoid bogs. Don’t want to f things up 🙂

jekkyl

I do have a GPX of my suggested route but as part of a longer route. I could pick it apart for you but I wouldn’t have time until saturday morning. What time do you leave the house?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Good short blast in the White Peak’ is closed to new replies.