Good shed for storing bikes

Home Forum Bike Forum Good shed for storing bikes

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Good shed for storing bikes
  • tymbian

You have to build your own to be worthy.. 😀

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

One that your insurance company approves of 🙂

I found a B&Q one that had double doors on the long side, long since discontinued but much easier to get stuff in and out of.

Premier Icon alexpalacefan
    Subscriber

I just ordered one of these.

Looks well made, price seems right and they were able to tweak the size to fit into my yard.

APF

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I’ve got a cheap Walton’s double doored side loader and several big-eff-off motorcycle locks.

astura

Moving house tomorrow, need a shed to store bikes, anybody recommend anything that’s not too expensive. Or maybe even somebody has something to get rid of also 🙂

dibboid

One of these is a must! Anchor

Premier Icon mountainman
    Subscriber

Bregante – Member

One of these clad in a timber of your choice

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20Ft-Shipping-Container-/290903553494?pt=UK_BOI_Containers_Pre_Fab_Buildings_ET&hash=item43bb33f5d6

that’s well cheap as they are excellent and can be made secure easy enough.
    Looked at similar here as moving house and have major renovations to do ,so ideal storage for furniture and bikes.
    Transport is the only other cost plus access to site at your end .

Mark reviewed one of these in Issue 77. He likes it.

steve1414

I had the same issue when I moved to a new house, looked at DIY stores but I would not buy anything from them. Their sheds are only suitable for gardening stuff, the hinges, locks and general construction of their wood, plastic and metal sheds are no good for storing bikes securely.

Therefore, you should invest in as Asgard shed, I bought one and paid more for it. Delivery time is about 8-9 weeks if you order direct. They’ll deliver it and charge about an optional £125 to put it up. I did it myself and with help and only took a few hours.

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/

BTW, you can set it up on slabs but I put a concrete base down and you can then use an anchor.

steve1414

I had the same issue when I moved to a new house, looked at DIY stores but I would not buy anything from them. Their sheds are only suitable for gardening stuff, the hinges, locks and general construction of their wood, plastic and metal sheds are no good for storing bikes securely.

Therefore, you should invest in as Asgard shed, I bought one and paid more for it. Delivery time is about 8-9 weeks if you order direct. They’ll deliver it and charge about an optional £125 to put it up. I did it myself and with help and only took a few hours.

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/

BTW, you can set it up on slabs but I put a concrete base down and you can then use an anchor.

tiggs121

I built my own – concrete base with inverted “U” bolt anchor.

If you do build one – make sure it’s bigger than you think you need!! There is always a chance your fleet gets bigger!!

For what you get, Asgard sheds seem quite reasonably priced.

They’re not impregnable, but probably harder to break into than most peoples houses.

freeagent

I used a NATO towing eye (google it) it is made from 45mm diameter case-hardened steel, set into the concrete base for my shed.
    You might be able to pick up something similar from a military surplas place.

You’d need powertools/burning gear to get through it, and it wouldn’t be a quick job.

Premier Icon MartynS
    Subscriber

In my humble opinion.. I’d spend a lot on making sure they couldn’t get in, rather than a lot on anchors and chains. My bikes Weren’t stolen, they were stripped down and the secured frames were left.
    I thought about getting a metal cage inside the shed. The asguard shed looks good…

GrunkaLunka

Bump.

In a similar position and looking at one of these which looks reasonably priced:
    Asgard 3x bike store
    Three bikes to fit inside, underneath the girlfriend’s commuter will be my mountain bike and road bike, but the sheds do look pretty sturdy…

Apart from Asgard are there any good alternatives? I really wanted one with a flat roof so I could clad it in timber and build a little flat roof herb-bed on top (camouflage from the high-tech bike thief with remote drone) but the 2xbike store that is flat looks a bit of a squeeze.

FROGLEEK

I have an Asguard worth the cash
    Fits three of my bikes and loads of bumpf tyres etc

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Good shed for storing bikes’ is closed to new replies.