Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Good rides today then?
  • Pook

i had an ace one. Pain in the arse wind all the way, a decent fall which has left both ankles bruised to hell, but i feel great! You?

crazy-legs

I think I had the same wind. 🙁
    The tailwind bits were lovely, the climbing-a-steep-hill-on-a-SS-into-a-howling-headwind was less fun.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Sickness and Diarrhea last night and this morning has wiped me out for all of today, not even sure if I can be arsed to get up early tomorrow and get a ride in.

Might just stay in bed 🙁

will
    Free Member

Yesterday was a brilliant ride, today only rode to bike shop to fix the bike. I suspect tomorrow will also be a brilliant ride 🙂

snaps
    Free Member

22 miles around the bridleways of North Devon – superb & not as muddy as I expected!

grumm
    Free Member

Had an excellent ride round Grizedale-Esthwaite-Satterthwaite-LawsonPark etc yesterday. Was bloody knackered on the last climb though.

Drove past the visitors centre and it looked rammed but hardly anyone else out on the trails. Got a few funny looks cos I had forgotten my helmet. 😯

crispybacon
    Free Member

I had a great ride from home on a local ride today & it was fantastic. Most of the trail was dry & there wasn’t too much wind about in E.Cornwall. It was up to a local high point so my legs are aching a bit now with all the climbing. Off to Haldon tomorrow with two mates for a blast on the cheeky stuff, I hope the rain stays away 😀

racing_ralph
    Free Member

how do you bruise both ankles?

Smee
    Free Member

One of the best I’ve had in a long long time. It was one of those days that everything was just perfect.

Pook

bruised both ankles by falling off, landing on one, and the other getting stuck in the frame. Thought I was gonna snap me foot off!!

trailmonkey

Excellent and suprisingly dry ride on Dartmoor.

oldgit
    Free Member

Hell no.
    Back breaking hard work around Ashridge (near Ivinghoe Beacon)

Surfr
    Free Member

Had a lovely ride out on some of the Nant-yr-Arian trails on my new Merlin Malt 2. Having not had a new MTB since 2000 I was amazed at how things had progressed.

Photos here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/surfr/sets/72157614180364569/

Route here:
    http://www.mapmyride.com/route/gb/pendam/621061386845

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Had a nice spin out on the CX Bike over Hamildon, and parts of the MTL..

Coldish, and windy, but good fun tho.

jedi

yeah .
    even if my mate tim fell off a new line i built

14ft up and he fell off it into the fire pit 🙂 🙂

jedi

mikewsmith
    Free Member

31k in tassie 18 up then 13 down like riding 5 different trails all at once. The Blue Tier

kennyp
    Free Member

Out on the road bike today for a change. Great ride round the roads that skirt the foot of the Pentlands. Felt good, which is nice this early in the season.

bassspine
    Free Member

We did Bovey Tracey, Lustleigh Cleave to Mannaton and over Hound Tor. Muddy in patches, good traction mainly, with some entertaining snow here and there! Brilliant afternoon.

Big grins all round.

Soup
    Free Member

I did not stop smiling all day.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Rode Cut Gate early doors, trail was in good condition aprt from the top peat bog section which was a mire, wind really picked up as I left the shelter of the langsett woods. I found Mickleden Edge harder than normal, blame the wind for blowing me off line and having to dab at various sections, nothing to do with lack of skill!?. Didn’t see any other bikers though, they don’t know what they’ve missed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A gentle Glentress blue and freeride today with some friends and their kids. Loads of smiles and even a tinsy bit of air on the tandem

BoardinBob

A gentle Glentress blue and freeride today with some friends and their kids. Loads of smiles and even a tinsy bit of air on the tandem

Ah so it was you 😆

I was doing the climb up from the osprey and some people around me spied someone on a tandem descending further up the trail. It caused much hilarity and questioning.

will
    Free Member

Jedi, those pics look funny. New line looks cool as well.

hora
    Free Member

I think I was alittle dehydrated today….40mins in the car home and I still had perfect pad shapes on my forehead 😐

jedi

will, funny as in?
    funny when it happened.he’s still in shock 🙂 🙂

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I still had perfect pad shapes on my forehead

Sounds like a stroke to me.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Aye, good ride today, nice easy spin round the local singletrack, nothing too demanding, just flowing along real nice.

IWH
    Free Member

Spent 2 hours sessioning a particular corner in my local woods. I may not have ridden far but my technique has certainly improved!

Soup
    Free Member

Had a cracker with Soup Jnr. He’s only 8 but we covered 23 miles and he had his worst crash yet. In his words ‘I was going too fast to think about using my brakes’. I turned round to see him fly over a load of roots and then swerve left and right about 8 times before piling into a bank still at full speed. Once the crying finally stopped and he was bandaged up, he got back on the bike and said ‘That was really cool!’ That’s my boy!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Had the day in bed with the girlfriend. Tons of riding and never left the house…! 😉

NZCol

A brutal hot whipping in 80kmh winds and sun in Wgtn – home, jville, skyline ridge then a lap in Makara mtb park, then wrights hill then i was spanked so rode home from there – 5 hours. Home, food, snooze in the sun on the rug until the missus dumped a glass fo iced water on me and took me for a swim in the sea !

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Excellent ride, first time in the Peaks for my Summer Season.

Much hardtail fun. My mates almost kept up with me on their full sussers but as I said, I ride a hardtail now to slow me down a bit.

will
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    will, funny as in?

Just looks funny, like he is such an awkward position.

jedi

he got tangled in his bike ,then ta ta! 🙂

jedi

knowing how to fall is a skill in its self and he walked away from it 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Saturday – Cwmcarn in the warm sunshine. Equalled my personal best on the Twrch trail.. but on my 31lb Patriot! So that’s about 15 minutes off my previous best on that bike. Yeeha! Then Saturday, a lovely 3 hour ride with some new trails on Machen Mountain, then to the Velodrome on Sunday evening for a mess about with the clubs.

sofatester
    Free Member

You have a prime willy waving chance here molgrips. Impress us, what was your time?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We did that Killer Loop out of Sedbergh over the Howgills to Ravenstonedale and back. I haven’t been out biking much in the last 5 months so was shattered afterwards, took 6 hrs with a few accidental muddy errors in the route and 1 repair stop.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Good rides today then?’ is closed to new replies.