• This topic has 26 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ton.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Good quality warm wellies?
  • ton

had some muckboots, but lost em. in a carpark somewhere.
    so i need some new ones.

idea’s please

benz
    Free Member

Same again?

My wife has Aigle neoprene ones….think they are are better than my Le Chameau ones….which have got crap and broken buckles…..

tang
    Free Member

Dunlop purofoot thermal?

CountZero

Just get another pair of Muckboots is the obvious answer; it’s what I’d do if anything happened to my pair.
    I can’t think of any compelling reason to buy anything else.

ajc
    Free Member

Just bought some Grubbs that are the same as muck boots, half price from easy wellies.

ton

ajc, thanks for the heads up…grubs ordered.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Dunlop purport thermal will keep your tootsies toasty as temperatures drop well below zero, as tested by me about 30 miles north of Aberdeen in a very exposed area a few winters ago. I was the only one on the project whose feet steamed as we got changed after work.

Not really suitable unless the temperature or wind chill is a few below or less though or you will over-heat IME

PePPeR

I’ll second the Grubs, as good an insulation as the muckboots, but with a much better sole!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have Le Chameau Vierzonords. They’re lovely.

butcher

General curiosity question here. But having only really experienced Poundstretcher style wellies, and given that all wellies are waterproof, I’m wondering, what’s the advantage of a good set of wellington boots? can wellies actually be comfortable?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

can wellies actually be comfortable?

Yes.

ton

muckboots are so comfy that i rode the whole of the 2 horrid winters (2010/2011) in them, to work and back. dry warm comfy.

butcher

muckboots are so comfy that i rode the whole of the 2 horrid winters (2010/2011) in them, to work and back. dry warm comfy.

That’s quite impressive. I’d never have dreamed of riding in wellies.

SidewaysTim

Muckboots for sure. I walked 26 miles in mine one day, was bought some Aigles as a replacement, but they hurt after a few yards. Muckboots are warm, comfy and very long lasting in my experience.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Decathlon ftw 3 year warranty…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Any of those mentioned any good for walking some distance in? Fancy a pair for dog walking through the winter slop.

ton

muck boot adventure are light and comfy enough to run in, never mind walk…. 😆

CountZero

Funny you should ask, I went for a walk around Aust this afternoon, from near the old Severn Bridge down to Old Passage, and back, around seven or eight miles across country. I was going to wear my Oakley Tactical boots, but at the last minute put my Muckboots on. Bloody glad I did, it was pretty boggy in places, and at a couple of gates the water came halfway up my calves!
    My feet were fine, my legs ached from the slippy ground. I’ve done nine miles or so in mine, six or seven isn’t unusual.
    How far are you planning on walking the dog?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

The neoprene lined Decathlon ones I regularly walk many miles in. Running, bit knackering after half a mile..

Speaking of Oakley tactical assault boots – size 10 anyone?

CountZero

butcher – Member
    General curiosity question here. But having only really experienced Poundstretcher style wellies, and given that all wellies are waterproof, I’m wondering, what’s the advantage of a good set of wellington boots? can wellies actually be comfortable?

See my comments.
    It helps if you wear neoprene boot socks over thin regular socks, it’s what I’ve done with mine since I got them around two years ago.
    Really couldn’t be without them, they are a permanent fixture in my car boot, and now it looks like we are going to get a longish damp period my wellies will be getting a lot of use every weekend.

CountZero

Been trying to find the liners I use in my wellies, they’re red neoprene, and are ankle high, like trainer socks, but I can’t track them down got them from an outdoor/country wear/ goods place, they look a bit like these:

A worthwhile investment, some of the stitching on the heel on one has worn through, I’ll re-stitch it with some Kevlar thread when I think of it.
    Yay, here we go!
    Dickies work wear:
    http://www.outlandsales.co.uk/product.php/294/dickies_bama_boot_socks

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I find these fit well. Longest I have walked in them is about 15 miles & I survived. I went to the shop to buy Muck boots but came out with the above due to superior fit.

marthall
    Free Member

If you wear wellies a lot +1 for Aigle.

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p112844-aigle-parcours-2-vario-wellington-boots-unisex-bronze-dark-green

They are seriously one of the best things I’ve ever bought. As used twice this weekend (gardening & Bonfire)

trout
    Free Member

What wellies for the Puffer ??

mrblobby
    Free Member

How far are you planning on walking the dog?

He gets one or two walks a day, up to a couple of hours. Most places are getting pretty boggy. Cheap wellies are rubbish for walking in. Just wondered if any of the above were any better? And where does one buy ones wellies these days?

sharkbait
    Free Member

I have Le Chameau Vierzonords. They’re lovely.

Me too flashy… proper job.

ton
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Good quality warm wellies?’ is closed to new replies.