Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Good quality shower 🚿 gel £5-£15 range…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…over the years having tried various shower gels I’m getting bored of the Doves,lynx, nivias etc once tried Ted Baker gel which was overpriced lynx.

What do you recommend? One that stays smelling nice on your skin for at least a few hours ???

£5- £15 budget

Thanks in advance

trail_rat
    Free Member

15 quid shower gel ? Does it come in a 20l drum ?

Bar soap at home here.

retro83
    Free Member

Original Source Mint + Tea Tree

footflaps

Don’t think I’ve ever spent more than £2 on shower gel!

+1

globalti
    Free Member

You’re chasing a dream from the 70s and 80s when perfumes contained lots of lovely stuff like synthetic musks, which made them substantive on the skin. Nowadays all the good raw materials have been outlawed by various ‘elf ‘n safety bods, most notably IFRA and RIFM, meaning well-loved smells like Brut, Imperial Leather and so on have been emasculated. Have you tried Imperial leather soap recently? It’s a shadow of its former smell.

If we could go back to the pre-paranoia days and smell old classics like Miss Dior as they were when first launched our noses would be blown apart because we simply aren’t accustomed to smelling those lovely molecules in our environment any more. Why do you think perfumes nowadays are so wishy-washy and vaguely fruity?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Enjoy this voyage of discovery…

https://youtu.be/P01GYwSHfgE

DezB
    Free Member

Lynx Coconut & Black Pepper. About 99p in Lidl. £5-£15! WTF are you on!? 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thread of the year

petec
    Free Member

ever since we put a softener in a few years ago, I can do soap again. Feels so much better to me.

Currently using this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L373R7W for that old school smokey “kill everything” vibe.

Big bars. Last ages.

i do have some mancave cedarwood stuff, but it’s just not as good as soap

w00dster

Have to admit when I was younger (before kids, mortgage and retirement planning) I used to spend a fortune on stuff like this – Terre De Hermes being the day to day shower gel and Creed for nights out.
    What a waste of money! Mrs W laughs about it how I’m now looking at the £1 offers shower gels and 10 years ago I thought nothing about spending £80 on a bottle.
    Now, what ever Source or Lynx shower gels are on offer.

binners

mattyfez

Original sauce mint as above

martinhutch

Original sauce mint

With redcurrant jelly conditioner.

DezB
    Free Member

Ask Tomhoward what he uses. Someone who spends £6579.50 on brakes should be in the know 😉

onewheelgood

I’ve given up gel because of the plastic, gone back to soap. But OS Mint + Tea Tree was the favourite – now only £1 in Sainsbury’s, so well within budget.

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t think I’ve ever spent more than £2 on shower gel!

Poundland is your friend – if you are lucky, you can get the bottles that are ‘100% free’ too.

DezB
    Free Member

johndoh encouraging shoplifting there 🤔

aide

Original source lemon for me

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bought in bulk from amazon

kayak23

15 quid shower gel ? Does it come in a 20l drum ?

5 quid shower gel. Does it come in a 20l drum? 😳

RustySpanner

Get your hedge cut.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

okay okay – I’m well out of touch here i was thinking the expensive brands did their own stuff like boss, calvin Klein etc and would have that everlasting smell,

I take back the amount then, so recommendations are good

Don’t like
    Lynx
    tea tree stuff

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t like
    Lynx

They do about 30 different ones, you can’t’ve tried them all 😉

rjmccann101

How about ‘Artisan crafted soaps and skincare. Always palm oil and preservative free’ from here: Blue lemon

nick1962
    Free Member

£15 for shower gel? Perhaps that’s why some folk can’t afford big houses 🙂

scotroutes

Lynx Coconut & Black Pepper

As a starter or a dessert? Where do you get farmed lynx in this country anyway?

IHN

In the spirit of reducing the amount of plastic we use, we now have a bar of soap in the shower. It works perfectly, you know, like it always did, before we all (and I include myself) were convinced by excellent marketing that shower gel was a thing.

globalti
    Free Member

Yes, shower gel gets washed down the drain unless you use it on a sponge. You can’t beat a good lather with a proper bar of soap.

DezB
    Free Member

we now have a bar of soap in the shower. It works perfectly, you know, like it always did

I remember 3 soaps from BG (Before gel) – Lifebouy (stank), Imperial Leather (stanks worse) and Dove (hmm, was ok I think). I much prefer shower gel to any of those! Oh and novelty soap-on-a-rope at Christmas – Sort of flesh-pink coloured, totally dried your skin out. Yeuch.

beej

Fake Original Source style from Aldi. 80p. Lime, mint, mango, lemon, whatever.

£5 for a shower gel? Money down the drain.

Harry_the_Spider

Sex Panther.

It has real panther in it.

the-muffin-man

Lordy – if it’s over a £1 I think I’ve been robbed! 🙂

scruff9252

As above, soap for us. Just finishing off some Sandalwood soap Soap. The three bars of soap have lasted months

thepurist

It has real panther in it.

Perchy, what have you done in this shower gel? Yeeeeuch.

cheese@4p

Wash & Go £1 a bottle
    Not strictly a gel but shampoo + conditioner and all you’ll ever need

By the way I read somewhere, might have been on here, that the brands make 2/3 of their profit on the plazzy bottle and 1/3 on the content.

Harry_the_Spider

Perchy, what have you done in this shower gel? Yeeeeuch.

He’s spreading the love.

kayak23

Fairy liquid gives excellent results and really helps remove ‘stubborn deposits’. Cheaper than Lynx too.

Pomegranate and honeysuckle though, not original. I’m not a total heathen.

5lab

at nearly £5 this is almost in-budget..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009P2745I/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just use it on pits (original sauce elsewhere) – I can’t really figure out if it helps stop me being stinky, but maybe it does

Speeder

Shower gel is a massive waste of plastic.

When I realised this I bought a soap dish and am trying out lots of soaps to find one I like.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Good quality shower 🚿 gel £5-£15 range…’ is closed to new replies.