Good quality shower 🚿 gel £5-£15 range…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Good quality shower 🚿 gel £5-£15 range…
  • Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

sorry what do you get for 15 quid shower gel.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

I’ve given up gel because of the plastic, gone back to soap

Which arrives wrapped in non reusable, non recyclable plastic film and or plastic coated paper?

OP, the other source gels are pretty good in terms of range, the scents of the coconut and raspberry flavours do last a while which is slightly annoying as I rather like the smell, just not smelling of them.

Smelling of not-dainty things really tends to suggest you’ve squaddie showered, and are covering over a dirty smell instead. Shower gel should smell nice when you use it and dissipate quickly leaving you smelling clean. For a lasting smell use unfragranced soap which smells soapy and clean.

Premier Icon wonny j
    Subscriber

Serious recommendation:

Uproar

Start up business from my brother in law, available on Asos. Posh shower gels and other gents toiletries, sold in metal bottles!

Premier Icon roger_mellie
    Subscriber

shower gel gets washed down the drain unless you use it on a sponge

I disagree. I rub shower gel on my body, I don’t squirt it down the plug hole.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

available on Asos. <– autocorrect, I presume

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

A bit over your budget but it comes with “utensils” for cleaning out cracks and crevices and i imagine the two pronged brush thingy would work wonders on stubborn clag nuts

freeagent

Original Source Mint + Tea Tree

Yep, works for me – £1 a bottle if you pick your moment when it is reduced (or buy it in home bargains)

£15 on Shower Gel – does it have little flakes of gold in it like Goldschlager?

Uproar – sold in metal bottles…

…with a non recyclable plastic pump! 🙂

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

Dove soap. Cheap and does what it’s supposed to.

Honey I Washed the Kids from Lush for holidays or when feeling extravagant.

Premier Icon BillOddie
    Subscriber

Mancave Cedarwood stuff is £2 at Tesco.

It’s nice.

Premier Icon rhid
    Subscriber

I have gone the soap route too. It last much longer than shower gel and less waste.

I got some stuff from a soap shop in Whitby last year and it smells amazing. Shame I cannot remember either the shop name or what the soap was. Thats a pretty good recommendation….

Premier Icon fatmax
    Subscriber

I tried this and liked it, for a fiver – https://www.marksandspencer.com/hair-and-body-wash-200ml/p/p22500760

But I like the idea of nice, modern soaps that can arrive with no/little packaging?

HughStew

Bulldog do a good range of shower gel, 1/2 litre for £4.50.
    https://www.bulldogskincare.com/shop/bodycare/filter/shower_gel/

I like the ones you get with aftershave sets at Christmas.
    They smell really nice and are usually the same price as it would be if you just bought the aftershave on its own. As its ‘going out Friday night’ I’m currently soaping my bits with Dior Savage.
    Day to day though… whatever’s a quid.

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

You can buy soaps without packaging, for example:

https://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/faith-in-nature-coconut-soap-pack-of-18/140897

Right hand side of page are more varieties, you need to scroll through.

Alternatively buy 5 litres of body wash:

https://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/faith-in-nature-aloe-vera-ylang-ylang-shower-gel-foam-bath-5000-ml/56423

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

/ Can’t quite believe I’m posting this

I’m game for a move to soap.
    I like the old body shop fragrance in brown packaging that was quite woody/smoky, but I can’t remember the name.
    Suggest me a nice soap.

/ Can’t quite believe I’m posting this

petec

soap…quite woody/smoky,

have a look at the birch soap I suggested on the other page. That’s smokey!

Premier Icon Stainypants
    Subscriber

If you must Clinique for men shower gel is nice it used to be about £18 a (small) bottle. No 7 for men is about £8 and it pretty much the same.

But it’s all bollox, I use Sanex which cheap and doesn’t smell anything.

P-Jay

I use Hydromol, it sells faintly of a sort of oily plastic and blocks drains. It’s not great unless your skin is shit.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

The only time ive ever bought shower gel that was in that budget it came on prescription!

And I object to paying £8.80 for a piddly 120ml bottle that lasts about 4 washes as it has to be put on dry 20min before a shower. Tried to source the same stuff from the vets…….

kcr

Cheapest soap without colouring or fragrances added, which just irritate your skin.

iain1775

I work away and stay in hotels a lot so just ‘borrow’ whatever from their bathrooms, had quite a few nice smelling ones over the years but couldn’t tell you what they were, they also cost between £50-185 for a very small single wash bottle so well above your budget

These days more hotels are also moving to dispensers bolted to the bathroom wall rather than giving away small plastic bottles which I guess is good for the environment and cheaper for them but it’s really screwing up my morning schedule when I have to mess around decanting them into my own bottle with a combination of funnels and straws

My recommendation is therefore to steal the little bars of soap instead

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

Those mini hotel bottles really annoy me, especially as they probably bin them whether they’ve been used or not.

higgo

60p over budget but this is what the wife buys me because she likes the smell (I would buy Original Source Mint and Tea Tree myself)

Premier Icon burko73
    Subscriber

Couple of things

£80 for a bottle of shower gel! Did everyone see that.

Hotel bottles – what hotel are you staying in where the mini – one use bottle of shower gel costs between £50 and £185?

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

I call (clean) troll, surely…

Premier Icon fatmax
    Subscriber

Hotel bottles – what hotel are you staying in where the mini – one use bottle of shower gel costs between £50 and £185?

Did you not figure out this was the room price?

Premier Icon burko73
    Subscriber

I see. I think it must be a ‘clever’ gag – he’s saying you’d have to pay the cost of the hotel to get the bottle of gel.

I use Molton Brown which at £15 or so for 300ml might sound a bit over the top.

But – it’s such a good liquid soap – quite thick (I shave with it as well) that only a tiny amount is required for each shower. A bottle will easily last 4-5 months in which time I’d have spent more on runny equivalents like radox – and generated more plastic waste as a result.

kerley

Alternatively buy 5 litres of body wash:

https://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/faith-in-nature-aloe-vera-ylang-ylang-shower-gel-foam-bath-5000-ml/56423

This – we buy our shampoo and shower gel in 5l from faith in nature and just refill glass bottles in bathroom. Also doesn’t have nasty stuff in it.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I see. I think it must be a ‘clever’ gag – he’s saying you’d have to pay the cost of the hotel to get the bottle of gel.

He’s saying his work pays for the hotel, and he walks out with free to him shower gel.

Subscriber

This – we buy our shampoo and shower gel in 5l from faith in nature and just refill glass bottles in bathroom. Also doesn’t have nasty stuff in it.

kerley – excellent! Out of interest, once it’s been opened is there a time limit on when it should be used by and does it deteriorate at all? How long does 5 litres last you? Thanks!

Premier Icon Potdog
    Subscriber

Currently converted to a bar of Wright’s coal tar soap 😁

kerley

kerley – excellent! Out of interest, once it’s been opened is there a time limit on when it should be used by and does it deteriorate at all? How long does 5 litres last you? Thanks!

Don’t know if there is a recommended time limit but it lasts well over a year stored in a cupboard in the garage and seems as good as when new. We buy shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in 5L.

TiRed

Cheap unscented or soap. Followed by a squirt of joe malone orange blossom for smell. Great stuff and a bottle lasts months.

oreetmon

Pure Castile soap with essential oils at a reasonable price

Pure-Castile Soaps, Organic Body Care, 70% Organic Toothpastes

The blurb on the bottle says you can use it to wash skin, hair, clothes, dishes.

They claim you can brush your teeth with the peppermint soap, I tried it, it’s rank 😁

brakes

Superdrug’s fruity ones smell very strong and are about 50p. I love them. Apart from the fact the gel slides off your hand as soon as it touches it so you have to use loads.

Subscriber

Don’t know if there is a recommended time limit but it lasts well over a year stored in a cupboard in the garage and seems as good as when new. We buy shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in 5L.

Thank you kerley and definitely sounds worth considering especially if it can be stored in a garage.

Pure Castile soap with essential oils at a reasonable price

I love Dr Bronner’s products and they’re cheaper to buy from Dolphinfitness, linked to on one of my earlier posts. Loads of handy tips including usage cheat sheets from a member of the Bronner family:

http://www.lisabronner.com/

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.