Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good quality kids bikes with removable stickers/decals? Isla or Frog?
  • cokie

I’m looking at getting a kids bike for a mini project. I’ll need to start with a blank frame, so I’m looking for a kids frame where you can remove all the stickers without destroying the paint.
    The bike & components needs to be high quality, so thinking Isla, Frog or Early Rider.
    Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Having had a number of Islabikes and currently got both Frog and Islabikes, the decals are not removable unless you want to strip the lacquer off. So it won’t be an easy task.

joemmo
    Free Member

As above.
    Pretty much any good quality frame is going to have the decals under the lacquer I’d have thought. If it has to be debranded then probably easier to get some vinyl and cover the graphics.

nealglover
    Free Member

We have an Early Rider 16” currently through the Hope Academy and it Has no decals at all.

So Hope Have either removes them with no damage, or they come that way. (Call hope and ask maybe?)

Lovely light bike, although it does have all Hope components in its “adapted by hope” state.

joebristol

You could see if the Wiggins balance bike from Halfords has removable stickers if all the well known ones don’t have that. I saw one a month
    or so ago whilst looking for a smaller balance bike (our little girl is a petite 2 yr old) and it felt really light.

nofx
    Free Member

Heating the stickers With a hairdryer can get em off.

cokie

Great, thanks for all info all!

Sandwich

Try the Squish range too.

breadcrumb

Vitus balance bike is very light and had removable stickers. Bit cheap in places but then it is cheap!

cokie

A couple a hadn’t considered, thanks.
    The Vitus is about half the price of the Early Riders, with similar weights. Hard to compare quality with mailorder bikes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good quality kids bikes with removable stickers/decals? Isla or Frog?’ is closed to new replies.