Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • good quality casual but supportive boots?
  • ton

brogue boots are grabbing me at present. anything else worth a look?

palmer77
    Free Member

Supportive in a practical sense, emotional or other 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Are they for long haul flights?

If so, I might know a guy….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀 @ Perchy!

Ton, my current winter casual boots are as below;

Dubarry Kerry. Very well made, comfy as you like.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Crap! I’ve got to get rid of my bloody boots now.

LeeW

Lakes make some great brogue boots. Expensive but they will last year’s if looked after.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some Wolverine 1000 mile Addisons. :0)

Dunno what they are like yet, but they come Monday! Happy Xmas to me from my wife :0)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Clarks Montacute

seadog101

Rockport are my go to boot for practicality without that “I’m a hiker” look:

chewkw
    Free Member

I like the look of Blundstone Classic.

BillMC

http://www.cheaney.co.uk/collections-c2/country-leisure-collection-c7/cheaney-tweed-r-wingcap-brogue-country-boot-in-dark-leaf-calf-leather-dainite-rubber-sole-p502
    £100 off if you can get to their factory shop in Desborough, Blunnies are looser and less supportive and are more achey therefore.

wallop

Loake make nice brogue boots.

markcurtains
    Free Member

Trickett

Expensive but should last a lifetime. And made in England. Trickett are great.

hatter

Love my Red Wings, if their brogue boots are as comfy and nice as my Beckman’s they’ll be a great investment.

nealglover
    Free Member

I like the look of Blundstone Classic.

Knock me down with a feather! Chewky talks some sense!!! Zomg!!!

Blundstone boots are brilliant.

palmer77
    Free Member

RM Williams…

CountZero

I’m sorry, but those Trickett boots look like something a four year old would be wearing!
    Liking the look of those Clarks Montacute, though; I need some ‘smart’ shoes/boots, and those could be just the ticket.

ton

so i went on a boot hunt yesterday. no joy. couldnt get most on because of my deformed right ankle.
    tried on,
    church brogue boots. £720 😯
    loake brogue boots £250
    grenson brogue boots. £260
    various DM’s
    2 x pairs of Clarkes boots. too soft on the sole

going to manchester next weekend on a boot hunt.

geoffj

Rockport are my go to boot for practicality without that “I’m a hiker” look:

They used to be mine too – but then SportsDirect took the brand over 😕

Doc Martens?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Expensive but should last a lifetime. And made in England. Trickett are great

teasel
    Free Member

You lost all rights to comment on the clothing or footwear choice of another person many months ago, Flashheart.

However, I agree with your mocking in this instance. I could only think “Dafuq” when those monstrosities appeared on my screen.

Jesus H Samuel, Curtains – what were you thinking…?!

T1000
    Free Member

Have a look at Keen

tmb467
    Free Member

Camper pelotas protect…there’s a camper store in St annes market and a selection of styles online

palmer77
    Free Member

ton – Member
    so i went on a boot hunt yesterday. no joy. couldnt get most on because of my deformed right ankle.
    tried on,

If you find a good cobbler, they’ll be able to stretch the leather to your foot. I’ve had this done with a number of Loakes etc…

cheekyboy
    Free Member

going to manchester next weekend on a boot hunt.

I wouldnt bother Ton, the only decent boot shop in Manchester has gone, two decent shops in the North are Shoehealer in Doncaster and Pediwear in Halifax

LeeW

Had a look in an Ecco store today, they look nice but the soles were pretty soft, I doubt they would last a year of good wearing.

Ton, I really don’t think you could get better value than a pair of Loaves, the ones you tired on were I guess from the 1880 range? All made in the UK in Northampton and would certainly last if you look after then.

nealglover
    Free Member

To be fair, my son has a pair very similar to those Trickett boots, and they do look really good on him.

But he is only 20 months old.

palmer77
    Free Member

If you want an idea of a sellers attention to detail and quality, then perhaps a perusal of Trickett’s website may give a good indication 🙂

“Our classic winter boots return for a third instalment and this tome better than ever…”

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Camper pelotas protect…there’s a camper store in St annes market and a selection of styles online

You’d better not touch my Campers! 😀

PMK2060

Another recommendation here for Shoe Healer in Doncaster. They have a good selection and the owner is helpful and knows his shoes.

righog
    Free Member

Clarks online have a sale at present, some decent looking boots on there.

Clarks

senorj

Do they still make monkey boots?
    Btw I love the trickett boots. 🙂

zippykona

The Newton Docs are really lightweight and comfy.

BillMC

‘Trickett’…are they trying to cash in on ‘Tricker’? I cant imagine Trickers producing shoes like that. Are soles like that?

ton

my last brogue boots were Trickers. bought the year my lad was born 1991. they lasted me 17 years. need to find somewhere they have em in the shop to try on. £380 now, so £38 per year if they last 10 years….bargain.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Had a look in an Ecco store today, they look nice but the soles were pretty soft, I doubt they would last a year of good wearing.

I’ve had a pair of Ecco as everyday winter wear for the last 2 years. They still look like new. warm and goretex for £75 in their sale…

MrSmith
    Free Member

I wouldnt bother Ton, the only decent boot shop in Manchester has gone, two decent shops in the North are Shoehealer in Doncaster and Pediwear in Halifax

They do Trickers, personally I wouldn’t entertain imitations or cheap alternatives like the overpriced Grensons that are made in India. The only other boots I would recommend are Redwing or Wolverine, I have a pair of Redwing Beckmans as well as a fleet of Trickers which are a few years into what is hopefully a decade at least of use.
    The quality hasn’t dropped since you last bought a pair either.

househusband

Handmade in Derbyshire..? William Lennon – I’ve always fancied a pair of these:

107F Ox-blood Zug Grain Field Boot

1-shed
    Free Member

https://m.thehipstore.co.uk/mens/footwear/ might not have been on your radar but some great boots, Leeds based too.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

My wolverine 1000 mile boots just turned up……just wow!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘good quality casual but supportive boots?’ is closed to new replies.