Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Good pubs in Ripon?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

I’ll be with a bunch of cyclists for a training course in Ripon this weekend – anyone got good recommendations for 10 hungry types to eat and drink in the town?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ripon isnt the best for pubs, but great for fights if thats your thing….

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

suggest you try the lamb and flag in bishop monkton which is about 5 miles down the road. proper pub with good beer and large plates of food, the ‘Flag Fry’ will satisfy event the hungriest cyclist, although is slightly lacking in carbohydrate and with its focus being on grilled livestock in large amounts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fliptophead
    Free Member

The Thai cafe was pretty good a month or so ago. I felt rather sorry for the proprietor though as his sales pitch to elderly locals seemed to consist entirely of reassuring them of the non-spicy nature of the food. His chef can definitely do spicy if requested though, but do expect extensive questioning/amazement over your familiarity with oriental food..!

nosemineb
    Free Member

Primas italian restaurant is pretty good honest food with a nice feel to it and the chinese on the square is also good. For pubs its the oak just down from primas and they also do food. I believe the Wine place near Moonglu bike shop is pretty good to. [as is the shop]
    Are you riding whilst there?

davey_clayton
    Free Member

The royal oak on kirkgate (as above) has reinvented itself as a food pub (as opposed to a “fighting” pub), I ate there recently and it was OK. Other than that I think the Unicorn and the Bull do food. The One Eyed Rat on Allhallowgate is a great real ale pub and has bar billiards. They don’t have a kitchen as far as I know but sometimes have barbies out in the big beer garden so you might want to ask – if the weather is nice this is the best place in Ripon to be drinking.

TooTall
    Free Member

Thanks peeps. We’ll be riding on the Sunday but, as it is part of a course, we’ll be going where we’re told / planned for in the classroom on the Saturday.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Good pubs in Ripon?’ is closed to new replies.