Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Good , packable lightweitght jacket?
  • mangatank
    Free Member

Autumn's here with a vengeance, so I'm looking at this season's kit.

Anyone happily using an ultra-lightweight rainproof jacket? Ideally one that can stow in the rear pocket of a jersey.

Coleman
    Free Member

Altura Pocket Rocket – waterproof, windproof, breathable and packs mega small.

tiggs121
    Free Member

I have a Montane H2o jacket – very light, packs small and keeps the water at bay.

This one here

jonb
    Free Member

Something by Montane? I really rate everythin of there's I have.

I've got the velocity DT which you would just about get in a jersey pocket. They also do the featherlight velo which I use in spring autumn(windproof, water resistant) and velo h20 which I don't have (waterproof).

mangatank
    Free Member

These all look the part. I do like the idea of thumb loops on the Altura though. Great idea.

titusrider
    Free Member

a bit marginal for back pocket but the gorebike wear alpx in packlite is fantastic

foxyrider
    Free Member

Have alook at my post:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/alternatives-to-a-rapha-stowaway-jacket

Gore Xenon – used it in peeing rain for a road ride Sunday and was great – v breathable and pretty water resistant!!

SigmaF
    Free Member

Polaris Aqualite……hydra-vent tech for £35!!

traildog
    Free Member

Gore Xenon is very good for this. A great cycle specific cut and packs very small.

mangatank
    Free Member
    miketually
    Free Member

Not been used in anger yet, but the Endura Helium I just got is light and packs small.

Militant_biker

+1 for Endura Helium.

I have used mine in anger and it is great. It is cut fairly snug though – perfect for me, but wouldn't suit a more cuddly rider. Plus it's small enough to put in a pocket when 'out on the town' for the walk home.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Good , packable lightweitght jacket?’ is closed to new replies.