• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tang.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Good online phone battery seller?
  • tang
    Free Member

Any good experiences? There’s loads when having a search. Got a couple of iphones that could do with new batteries.

tang
    Free Member

Bump

jam-bo

I got told to buy the cheapest as they unless it’s directly from Apple you stand as much chance getting a decent one by paying £3 as paying £30.

convert

I got told to buy the cheapest as they unless it’s directly from Apple you stand as much chance getting a decent one by paying £3 as paying £30.

In the same position as the OP and I’ve heard this too. It just don’t seem right though – that there is not a single quality retailer of 3rd party batteries with a good reputation when the demand is high enough for a goodun to make a good living.

jam-bo

Wysiwyg from here who told me that replaced my battery for me and changed a screen at the same time for a very reasonable price and turnaround.

peteimpreza

Which models Tang?

orangewinger
    Free Member

I’ve used replacebase.co.uk and they seem to be pretty good, a lot of the eBay sellers will be selling reclaimed batteries so there is no way to know how good the battery will be. I imagine ifixit batteries will be legit too.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If you want a guaranteed good one the only pace is Apple imho. As above there are a limited amount of manufacturers and hundreds of resellers, one shops £5 battery is anothers £30. Regarding the whole issue of “New” batteries having 500 charge cycles on them ive contacted various resellers and theyve all said that the cells are replaced and they reuse old circuit boards which store the amount of charge cycles.

So in conclusion, find a seller on ebay with high feedback and look for negative reviews of the battery, dont spend more than a tenner and if its crap send it back.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Okay not Apple, but was reading this when looking for a battery for an old Nokia and some good points there on things to check plus that really you get what you pay for. Pay full price, buy official channels if possible.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/15683_How_to_Buy_a_replacement_batte.php

ebay / Amazon – avoid entirely.

tang
    Free Member

cheers all, just out of hospital after quite a bad boiling water burn to hand and leg!!! Pete, for wife 4s and my 5s thats going to daughter as I have a 6s on its way soon.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

5s batteries shouldnt be shot yet. Loads of background services hammering it? Got a local apple store pop in and theyll run diagnostics.

tang
    Free Member

Mainly the 4s, but 5s will be next I’m sure!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Good online phone battery seller?’ is closed to new replies.