Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Good news from the post office today (better pricing content)
  • scandalous
    Free Member

U-turn on recent stupid price hikes apparently

As of quite soon* medium parcels will be re-priced the same as small parcels

good

* = end of this year ish.

ojom
    Free Member

Yeah and that will carry on when privatised…

crikey
    Free Member

Would this be related to the imminent privatisation I wonder?

…when the Post Office will have to provide an equivalent service, pay their staff and service the needs of their shareholders?

…which will undoubtedly mean that the service will improve, the staff will be better paid, and the shareholders will be adequately recompensed…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s not a u-turn as such, more a tweaking of the small parcel exception rule.

The proposed change would mean the existing small parcel exception rule of the cube [160x160x160mm], would be replaced with a larger, shoebox size, rule. Where the maximum can be 350x250x160mm]

Consultation is ongoing since September, with changes to be made towards the end of October if successful.

I think the general aim is to move most medium parcels into a small parcel classification. I personally think they took an unexpected hiding from the likes of Collect+, Myhermes etc, so are bringing back a comparable priced offering. I could be completely wrong. though.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Medium parceling was a rip off.Mind it never made much differance after a few weeks people just pay it.
    Parcel force is expensive.Royal Mail standard parcel service was great but they dumped that.
    Anyway we had are ballot papers today 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Good news from the post office today (better pricing content)’ is closed to new replies.