Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Good gift for 6 month old that has anything?
  • Northwind

It’s my mate’s little girl’s first christmas and I’d like to get her/them something but I know nothing about babies apart from the basic assembly… They’ve got all the kit, all the clothes etc so it’s either got to be something novel, or just the sort of thing you can always do with more of. Er, budget £20-£30 I guess. If all else fails I’ll just get a really good soft toy so any recommendations there would be appreciated too but I am basically clueless…

JoeG
    Free Member

dannybgoode

Do they have a savings account for her that you could put something into? Honestly at that age they don’t need anything.

Otherwise clothes but the size she’ll be next. Can never have too many clothes at that age.

holst
    Free Member

Drum set.

timba
    Free Member

Books for the parents to read to the child. Fantastic bonding and gets the baby used to the sounds of language
    Failing that, anything repetitively noisy and easy to use by a baby (if you’re not laying yourself open to revenge)

DickBarton

An empty box…cardboard. Wrap it so they can tear the paper but she’ll spends plenty time playing with the box…

Albanach
    Free Member

Julia Donaldson Books are good. Bath toys are a winner. Soft toy wise jellycat soft toys are nice.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Time capsule? With gin in it. Optimistic and celebratory!

edhornby

Albanach has nailed it, Julia Donaldson books are ace, especially the snail and the whale, it’s one of the few that I still enjoy reading.

Don’t bother with clothes, first kids have too many as it is 🙂

crankboy
    Free Member

6 months is pretty young from memory , laying around putting things in mouth and trying to focus vision are main activities , crankbrat had a soft mat with padded arches from corner to corner that had soft toys dangling from it and played tunes.

Books are fab , Wow Said The Owl , is a nice easy read for a baby and a good introduction to colours.

jsync

That’s not my….. books are bright and touchy-feely.

kimbers

Offer to babysit whilemum and dad go out for a meal or something

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A power kite?

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Scalextric?

import
    Free Member

For my first Christmas, my uncle bought me a little drum. I loved it, my parents not so much. They had to wait 11 long years before they could gleefully repay the favour.

But as a father of an 11 month old, kimbers suggestion (x1 million) or failing that, mine loves stacking cups and soft or tactile toy books.

lesgrandepotato

Story books is where it’s at, they’lol give for years and years

1-shed
    Free Member

Make up a heuristic play basket. They are great for little ones to explore under supervision. Win the middle class right on gift givers award.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

A book…

Or, depending on how up for it you are, how about a ‘voucher for a night off’ you do botle and bed, etc while they get a night to themselves.

Don’t panic, they won’t manage more than a couple of hours before they come back to make sure you/minime’s OK – take your ear plugs.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Condoms. Not for the kid obvs.

Northwind

kimbers – Member

Offer to babysit

**** no, you wouldn’t leave me in charge of your pet rock.

Books it is, cheers! (I’d bet money they already have Go The **** To Sleep)

tomd
    Free Member

Have a look at the peepo friends books. A neighbour gave us a set when ours was around 6 months and we’ve got a lot of mileage out if them. They also encourage adults to act mad so good laughs all round.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    davidr

Sophie the Giraffe is meant to be quite good. It’s a toy but they can chew on it for teething. My niece loved hers! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sophie-Giraffe-Fresh-Touch-Gift-x/dp/B00C6QAAB0/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1482094392&sr=1-1&keywords=sophie+the+giraffe

smashit
    Free Member

^^^ Sophie stuff is great. We had two giraffes and gave one away, wish we had kept it! They do a set of three ‘sophie balls’ that were great for teething too.

Northwind

That giraffe is freaking me out tbh

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Good gift for 6 month old that has anything?’ is closed to new replies.