Good food stops near Coed Y Brenin?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Good food stops near Coed Y Brenin?
  • Premier Icon Painey
    Subscriber

Myself and a few mates are riding Coed Y Brenin and Cli MachX next weekend, staying roughly between the two. Does anybody have any recommendations to get a decent evening meal in the area?

We usually stop in the Railway Inn at Abergynolwyn but it’s unfortunately closed. Dolgellau and Machynlleth are obvious places to look but would appreciate any suggestions. Somewhere that’s likely to have the rugby on as well.

Cheers

Premier Icon fd3chris
    Subscriber

Plenty of places in Barmouth if that isn’t too far out?

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

I had a decent meal at the main pub in the square at Dolgellau. Royal Ship, I think.

Hob Nob

The Ship in Dolgellau wasn’t bad, we went in there last week.

Decent pub food & good portions, few decent beers & it has just been refurbed so was clean & tidy inside.

LoCo

http://www.crossfoxes.co.uk/

Where I usually go when up that way, nice rooms too.

Premier Icon Painey
    Subscriber

I’ve suggested the Cross Foxes before but wondering whether it’s a bit upmarket in case we end up going in there straight after riding. Does look nice though.

LoCo

Change of clothes and wash your face in the loos 😆

They’re used to outdoor people so unless you look like a mud monster you’ll be fine! Nice beer too and breakfast is great 😀

Premier Icon deadkenny
    Subscriber

Dolgellau – Y Sospan

It’s the only restaurant really and very good. There’s a café bit downstairs and restaurant upstairs.

Last I was there, there was a hotel that seemed to have a restaurant but it was impossible to get into. People in there but doors were locked. Very weird. The whole place is a bit “locals only” feel 😉

Oh and there’s a curry house, which was okay.

jkomo

There’s a nice bistro in Dolgellau. Had a lovely lamb shank that evening.
    Edit, it’s Y Sospan, also on the square, as recommended above.

coatesy

Been to quite a few in Dolgellau area, Sospan’s pretty good, but if we’ve got the time we’ll always make the journey to the Last Inn in Barmouth (The Mermaid chippy also does superb fish & chips if that’s your thing too).

Premier Icon JohnClimber
    Subscriber

For Sunday lunch the best place I’ve found anywhere in the UK is here
    http://www.rhiwgochinn.com/

Carvery served between 12 and 2.30.

We prefer to sit in the bar rather then the restaurant, although not the best indoors the fantastic food more than makes up for it.

Go hungry and fill your boots

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Good food stops near Coed Y Brenin?’ is closed to new replies.