• This topic has 27 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by _tom_.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Good customer service lets hear the good ones
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Had a washing machine delivered yesterday from John Lewis…

Drivers were rude to the MIL and also broke something Id made for the boys and had the cheek to hide it !

I called customer services quick email whilst on phone and they refunded back £60 to cover costs !

Now that’s customer service !

Lets hear the good ones !

DezB
    Free Member

One time we had a thread on here about good service, distributors 2Pure saw it and gave all posters a free pair of Crank Bros socks!
    Now that’s what I call good service! (Still got my socks 🙂 )

sharkbait
    Free Member

This one…
    i-love-costco

sandwicheater

Oakley – Sorted out a scratched lens and very very very helpful on the phone.

NHS staff – I don’t frequent them often and a wee wait but always really approachable/friendly and they give me drugs to boot, aces.

My Local bike shop (Sowerby Brothers) – Always helpful/friendly and happy to just shoot the breeze/answer my brain farts.

Dyson – Hoover was 4 years and 11 months old and we broke a handle. Called them and had a replacement the next day. Then the motor went 2 days later and no problems, engineer was out the following week and sorted. Was most pleased.

peterfile
    Free Member

Apple.

MBP packed in 1 year and 364 days after purchase. Had John Lewis 2 year warranty.

Apple guy said it needed new logic board, RAM and HDD. I explained that it was out of Apple warranty but still had JL one (just!). He asked how the JL one worked, to which I replied I had no idea. He just said “don’t worry about it, we’ll sort it, it would probably end up back here anyway, so it will be quicker for you this way”. £700 worth of repairs.

Months later, my optical cable nib breaks off into the 3.5mm jack. I take it back to Apple and they gave it a good attempt at getting out but concluded that there was no hope and that I’d need a new logic board. My fault for getting the nib stuck, but he says “Don’t worry, we’ll fix it, stuff shouldn’t just break off and get stuck”.

Mikkel
    Free Member

5 year old Specialized XC FSR cracked.
    Specialized end me a Camber to replace it but because it had longer fork than my 100mm Reba they also send me a new fork, and i got to keep the Reba.

footflaps

Ordered some olympic weight plates from http://www.hookedshop.co.uk yesterday and got an email back saying my bits were out of stock, but would I accept a free upgrade to higher quality plates, as these could ship tomorrow.

sandwicheater

Are these large plates for all you can eat buffets?

footflaps

Are these large plates for all you can eat buffets?

Each dinner plate comes rated for how much you can shove on it:

stever
    Free Member

Alpkit – sent them a couple of old broken headtorches. Fixed one, sent me a refurbished one. Joe Brown – rucsac assembled slightly wrong. New one arrives next day before mine can have arrived. Postage refund, phone call to check everything ok. Sideways Cycles – stupid boutique wheel, unfixable elsewhere. Handed over in dodgy pub, arrives back fixed shortly after.

Spud

Planet-X – fabulous all round with frame problem. Nothing but praise

Dolan – Again, brilliant to deal with

Cunninghams Outdoors – fabulous, always get kid’s gear from them, sorted new boots in less than 24hours for us.

NHS (jobbing staff, not the bureaucrats), wonderful absolutely wonderful

Mercedes-Benz – ***** of the highest order, avoid

natrix
    Free Member

Always been pleased with Chain Reaction. Bought a jacket once, pocket zip broke after 10 months heavy use, I’d lost the receipt but they still replaced it with a new jacket 😀

martinhutch

Smudge at MTB Batteries. Fixed my light for me for nowt even though it was effectively out of warranty because I’d be arsing around for so long. This was after sending me a replacement charger because I (incorrectly) thought that this was the problem.

Top bloke, top service. Good light, too.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Three mobile (surprisingly) After charging me £27 for a load of SMS messages that were grouped together as MMS (not in their Ts & Cs about this). They wrote off the debt and didn’t charge me for that month either!!

DezB
    Free Member

SportPursuit (Reported!) – I ordered a snow helmet off them. It had a tiny little dent on the front, probably from transit. They replaced it and I didn’t even have to send it back to them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I went out to cut through a customer’s jammed lock at his work and replace his lock FOC, I like to think that’s pretty good service.

If only he’d mention it on Facebook, I’d get a £50 voucher from work 😡

peterfile – Member
    Apple.

MBP packed in 1 year and 364 days after purchase. Had John Lewis 2 year warranty.

Apple guy said it needed new logic board, RAM and HDD. I explained that it was out of Apple warranty but still had JL one (just!). He asked how the JL one worked, to which I replied I had no idea. He just said “don’t worry about it, we’ll sort it, it would probably end up back here anyway, so it will be quicker for you this way”. £700 worth of repairs.

This explains Apple’s inflated prices!

edlong
    Free Member

One time we had a thread on here about good service, distributors 2Pure saw it and gave all posters a free pair of Crank Bros socks!

Can I state with much emphasis the amazing customer service you get from Lamborghini, Fortnum & Mason and Patek Phillipe?

Oh, and Garage Bikes in Morley – always awesome.

ElVino

OP that is what I call good service recovery rather than good customer service, people often find they are more impressed by people who compensate them for bad service rather than companies that consistently provide excellent service.
    Service recovery is much easier you just empower agents and throw money at it, especially if you are as profitable as John Lewis

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Pauls Cycles. Great prices but still a great service and very rapid reply to mails. They’ll get all the business I can send them. My Trigger 29 1 is the best thing I’ve ever owned.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Evans-coulodn’t supply the £40 helmet I ordered on line so let me have a fox flux valued at £80 for the same price.

chain reaction ,I queried whether they could supply a particular chain ring , they sent me a sizing guide and then a list of available rings to fit

both outlets come under fire from time to time ,so there you go

edlong
    Free Member

people often find they are more impressed by people who compensate them for bad service rather than companies that consistently provide excellent service

Many years ago I worked for a major bank and their extensive surveys demonstrated that customers who had had cause to make a complaint and had had it resolved effectively were significantly more likely to recommend them to others than people who had always been happy with the service they received.

Maybe that’s why on-one seem to create so many fiascos for Brant to fix? It’s a marketing strategy.

imp999
    Free Member

NHS last week. A&E visit.
    Apple – Daughter ran up a Big bill on i-pad games(Partly our fault for not deleting our card off it!)
    Couple of emails, they called us & did the decent thing.
    And this works, see. Mrs imp would now spend out the big money on Apple kit for our kids if/when at uni.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

With the Apple one, they have to give you a two year warranty – EU rules.

So you may have thought they were doing you a favour, but they were illegally trying to stick it to everybody who didn’t know their rights.

_tom_
    Free Member

Sky and EDF have been surprisingly helpful with everything when sorting out my house stuff. The only bad thing about em is how long you have to wait on hold before actually speaking to someone.

DezB
    Free Member

Amazon. Surprisingly enough! Made a complaint against an extremely poor seller on Amazon marketplace and the Amazon CS fella phoned me a number of times to get it sorted. Seller wouldn’t refund my postage, so Amazon gave me £5 credit anyway.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Lakeland (middle class kitchen frippery supplier) always super – especially on things of lower price. New things dispatched straightaway, mildly faulty things can be kept or charity shopped.

Surrey Hills Brewery – super chaps who found the very last few pints of Albury Ruby at Christmas time, despite it being sold out.

TM

greasydan
    Free Member

The Dog’s Wheels, Plymouth – http://www.thedogswheels.co.uk/
    Always excellent service, reasonable prices and extremely helpful (1/2 hour fettling on wobbly front wheel free of charge!)

Alpkit – returned torches (as above), parts sent free-of-charge, and always a friendly note in the packages 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

Oh and I had my boiler/heating fixed by Plumbing Force. Very helpful, competitively priced and the bloke who came out to fix it was a good laugh.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Good customer service lets hear the good ones’ is closed to new replies.