• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by igm.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Good Crank deals?
  • Highland28
    Free Member

Need some new cranks, unfortunately. My SLX cranks have got an issue with the non-driveside arm continually falling off after a bit of riding. I bought a new pre-tensioner screw thingy and tighten everything up before riding but it just doesn’t like it anymore.
    So a new set is in order, ideally i would like XT or equivalent in the raceface range but i am not overly fussed about slx etc. as they were great cranks.
    So does anyone know of any cheap deals for cranks going at the moment.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Merlin is yer friend. Just got a SLX full crankset with BB for 90 quid. As good as the XT it replaced

If your rings and BB are ok, and you just want the cranks, you might find a mate/someone on here who wants a new BB and rings who will split a set with you, and buying the whole thing is shedloads cheaper than buying bits.

schmiken

I’d be interested in your crank arms rather than you chucking them in the bin please. They’d be perfect for an art project for one of my kids.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I have a pair of Sram GXP 2 cranks brand new £40.
    Please let me know if you want a pic?
    Thanks
    Richard

rwc03
    Free Member

Rosebikes are doing the 2012 xt for 130 if you don’t mind getting 10 speed. Had mine for about a month and they’re great. Running them with a 10 speed chain on 9 speed everything else.

tony24
    Free Member

as above new 2012 XT for 130 quid bargain !

igm

I’ve got an unused LX 26-36-48 chainset. Nowt wrong with the arms if you swap your rings or use it as double and add a bash – email in profile if you’re interested.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Good Crank deals?’ is closed to new replies.