Good childs base layer tops and leggings for football?

Home Forum Bike Forum Good childs base layer tops and leggings for football?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Good childs base layer tops and leggings for football?
  • Kids Ron Spencers? Go Outdoors usually has them in stock.

DeeW

I’d try Decathlon if there’s one nearby

For tops any sports soccer world/jjb will have a ramge of football specific tops. Usual suspects from nike/addidas and CC. You can get some that are short or long sleeve and some that are even thermal lined.

I wouldnt comment on their performance because tbh they are a bit of a gimmick at that age. The kids struggle to generate enough heat in the cold to actually generate any sweat so they dont really get any more benefit from them than the thermal vest my mum used to make me wear at the same age. The constricting of muscles that they are designed for doesnt happen with cos they dont have the muscles to constrict.

That said 99% of the kids wear them and you would be surprised a how most of it is in the mind 😉

Leggings. If a kid turned up in them i would send him home. Ok train in tracky bottoms but for a match? Kids wear shorts to play football in

TiRed

My sons wear Kukrai tops and shorts for rugby. The tops are used for cycling. Good thermal properties, but I agree that wicking sweat is not a priority. Buy long sleeved, as these go well with the short sleeved jerseys. CCC is another brand that are common on the field.

jojoA1

Lidl had kids sets of thermals in the other day. I get them for my 8 year old daughter for biking and other outdoor activities.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Decathlon’s own brand stuff. I’ve one of these and a branded compression top, and I’ll be damned if I can tell the difference that made one cost over 3x as much.

mosschops

My son, (who is 6) is playing football starting early AM on weekends As it’s getting a little colder now I wondered if anyone could recommend a base layer – both top and bottoms for him

Have trawled t’internet but haven’t found any reviews and actually struggling with tights for his age which aren’t for ballet!

Can’t be that unusual for 6 year olds to play football in the cold?

cheers

MC

PS No shouts of MTFU because… well he’s a small child

mosschops

Decathlon – yep have tried and these look ideal but are out of stock – unless the website is fibbing (are Decathlon stores likely to have stock?)

CCC and Nike pro bottoms don’t go small enough and are v pricey!

cheers

MC

Jason

I bought my skinny five year old a Nike compression style base layer from Sports Direct. I am not sure how warm it really keeps him but he seems happy with it.

Or for proper thermals try here:
    http://www.littletrekkers.co.uk/shop/index.php/browse/45775be9b945c2bc250ec9a206c958f6

suburban

both my lads have canterbury’s COLD base layers they are superb, stretchy fit and very warm, one uses for rugby the other for riding. Actually used for snowboarding, skiing in the winter months and they are good imho. They were on offer on shore.co.uk/ or mandmdirect recently as well. be quick!

oldgit

The tenner a set ones from most online ski wear out fitters. We offered them for sale when the kids joined.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Good childs base layer tops and leggings for football?’ is closed to new replies.