Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Good cable disc brake recommendation
  • jeffl

Have BB7’s on my road bike. Done nearly 900 miles on it and have had to adjust them once, which took about 60 seconds. Agree that the lever travel is long, mine also pulse a little because of a warped disc that I haven’t bothered to straighten. Overall not as good as hydro’s but I find them adequate.

cchris2lou

Juin Tech for me.
    Much better than the bb7 they replaced.
    Feel is close to the SLX I have on the mtb.

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

I’ve got some cx77’s coming for my cross bike so I’ll comment on their performance when I’ve fitted them. Started with BB7’s which just seized up and didn’t deliver the power i was expecting. Changed to hope v twins and was really disapointwd with them. Cable routing to the hydro bit made for heavy brake lever feel and they just didn’t have the performance increase for the faff and complicated look. Fingers crossed the cx77’s deliver a decent compromise.

jameso

For drop bars BB7s do have more lever pull with Shimano STIs, perhaps related to Shimano’s more recent STI-caliper / Super SLR leverage being slightly different to others. They have a bit less lever movement with SRAM or Tektro levers ime.
    BB7 SLs here, critical to set up with new pads and keep the dials adjusted as they wear, there’s a knack to them and once you ‘get’ them all’s great. Spyres are easier to adjust as needed, or less adjustment-critical, performance seems the same to me. I prefer BB7s but I wouldn’t say it’s a ‘better’ brake as such, I’m just well used to them. I’ve used compressionless outers with both but it’s not critical if the brake’s well set up or has a good cable run, if so it just varies the feel of the brake.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Good cable disc brake recommendation’ is closed to new replies.