Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Good all mountain/light freeride bike?
  • dasnut
    Free Member

yeah get a bighit, have a blast on it. most of the people on here spend £3K or so on bikes they can hardly ride anyway

or a pitch, 2 of my friends have them and have both done megavalanche on them and cwmcarn downhill several times, they are tough as old boots. One has upgraded the forks to lyriks, the others is still on pikes.
    VERY good value for money, and as for the components, who cares if the crankset isn't XTR – Its going to need replacing anyway, then you can upgrade or stay at the bargain end.
    Only thing is, put a 50mm stem on it.

backhander
    Free Member

most of the people on here spend £3K or so on bikes they can hardly ride anyway

Aren't Lapierre Zesty 714s closer to £4K though?

robhughes
    Free Member

si.how much for the blue xcl ex demo please.

peteroughton169
    Free Member

Trek remedy all day long. I love mine, smooth as you like and 31.5lb, looks the danglies aswell

mafiafish
    Free Member

Don't worry about spending too much a prophet or older pitch can be had for sub £750 I've seen older prohets with fairly decent (if old) spec go for £450. You could always sacrifice a bit of weight and get something like a giant ac or big hit if you want a more freeride orientated beast

dasnut
    Free Member

Aren't Lapierre Zesty 714s closer to £4K though?

mine was £2600, because I bought it at the end of the model year, and hence didn't pay full whack.
    can't ride it though no matter how much I paid.

flamejob
    Free Member

the man dasnut is right;

I did the last mega on my pitch (with full XT and 36 TALAS RC2s) and also live in one of the harshest mountain environments to ride – Southern Spain. It is the daddy. I really don't see the point in spending more.

I also have a BigHit 3 – The same applies; incredible amount of bike for the cash and will handle anything a £7K Santa Cruz will.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Planty of Bullits around cheap as chips. You can chuck them down just about anything and still ride back up

SimonR

I have an Orange Patriot 66 that I am about to start trying to sell. I'd rather sell as a complete (or mostly complete) bike.

Spec is as follows:
    Patriot 66 frame (16" anti-radar green main frame, black swing arm)
    Marzocchi 66 RC2 ETA forks (180mm travel)
    Swinger 3 way shock
    Hope Pro hubs on Mavic 321 with 2.25 dual ply high rollers (60A rear, super tacky front) and spare 2.5 dual ply Big Earls
    Shimano XT shifters, front mech and shadow rear mech
    Race Face Evolve 22/32/bashring chainset
    Race Face Diabolus bars and stem
    Cane Creek Tank Hit headset
    Hope seat clamp
    Race Face XY0 seat pin
    Probably Avid Code brakes (or maybe a set of Saints – haven't decided which yet)
    B/B is a bit worn and would need replacing soon.

I've got some pictures on Flickr … here… it's built up a bit differently in the photos but should give you an idea.

If you're interested get in touch – my e-mail is in my profile.

Cheers,

Simon.

gordi
    Free Member

Go for the pitch if you can get one.There was a guy in Whistler rode his to third in the downhill there and took pelters before his ride because of what he was on .At the end of the day buying something with your hard earnd cash should make you proud of whatever you are riding.You can allways upgrade later

didmatt
    Free Member

Orange Blood?

I have a Spec' SX trail and its no where near light…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Good all mountain/light freeride bike?’ is closed to new replies.