• This topic has 185 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 186 total)
  • Golly, some in the West don't like Chinese…
  • yunki
    Free Member

innit weird how some people get all in a dither about one little old geeza..

errr, quite remarkable

not fayns of architecture perhaps?

iolo
    Free Member

Why were you banned exactly? How many times? How many logins? Always nice to begin with and always ends up in non sensical I am god and do as I say bullshit.

cuterunner
    Free Member

Seriously, McHamish, I have NO issues with anyone here. In fact I really like this site and most of the contributors, mods included. Mark is actually a very nice chap, though he has had cause to smack my wrists on occasion.

If you would just calm down a little, not be so knee-jerk reactive, and enjoy the flow of conversation, life may seem rather less… confrontational?

piemonster

£2.27 on cuterunner actually having ‘issues’

muggomagic

He told his media chums

Jamie
    Free Member

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Yay! Welcome back!

God, I’ve missed this.
    Nice to get a bit of spark back in the ol’ forum!

cuterunner
    Free Member

iolo:

I think I’ve been banned three times. Always for the way I ‘wind people up’ as Mark would put it.

I kinda think this is unfair as I’m being blamed for the reactions of others, but I also understand Mark’s position as he wants a relatively quiet and peaceful forum. So I think (I hope) I have a no-hard-feelings relationship with the mods.

Why do I return? Good question! I guess ‘cos I like the sport, I like the silliness of parts of the sport, and most bikers IRL are actually very tolerant guys who enjoy banter. Which means I’m always slightly surprised when I come here and seem to meet the ‘angry and the dispossessed’.

Now, may I go back to being silly?

compositepro
    Free Member

I think I’ve been banned three times.

sounds like the motoring system, your banned but never really banned

**** me i think lance is the only bloke who has ever been truly banned by any standard

yunki
    Free Member

what would Lance do?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q2QsqatfLA[/video]

McHamish
    Free Member

I worked for a software vendor once that insisted that all their clients didn’t know how to manage projects as every project seemed to fail.

I left because the management team could understand that the software vendor was the only common element across every project.

The moral of the story is…If you wind everyone up, perhaps it’s not them that’s the problem.

cuterunner
    Free Member

No, I was banned, as in BANNED. They do enforce it, especially as they know my name and I only ever join under my real email address.

I have to wait at least two years before sticking my head above the parapet again. Even Lance will come back. Just you wait and see.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Oh thank you.
    This is making me feel sane and well balanced for the first time in years. 😀

cuterunner
    Free Member

McHamish, I would agree. But the point is I don’t wind EVERYONE up, just a significant percentage of those with itchy ‘report post’ fingers.

I think someone should do a study (I volunteer) on the psychological makeup of individuals who feel the need to ‘report post’ rather that either a) engage in banter with a smile on their face or b) skip merrily on by and find a post with which they can concur.

We should apply for funding. Who knows, if we get the study successfully peer reviewed and published we may become famous!

compositepro
    Free Member

No, I was banned, as in BANNED. They do enforce it, especially as they know my name and I only ever join under my real email address.

I have to wait at least two years before sticking my head above the parapet again. Even Lance will come back. Just you wait and see.

so its more like a do not darken our door holiday

btw i actually reported you on the first post for trolling but hey i get reported for swearing and upsetting sensitive little flowers so its all fair in my eyes

cuterunner
    Free Member

Sorry to drag this down into what may turn out to be a serious discussion, but WHY do you feel you need to report a post ‘for trolling’?

Do you consider you’re protecting the less robust members of the forum from a malevolent being?

Do you feel peeved ‘cos you’ve read something you consider to be nonsense and regret the waste of 8 seconds of your life?

Do you sense that others are likely to be corrupted and the forum descend into a maelstrom of anarchy and chaos?

Or what, precisely?

C’mon. Give me an honest answer. I’m genuinely interested.

yossarian
    Free Member

People report for trolling cos either they are jealous of the attention being elsewhere or they are put out because someone winds them up and they feel stupid.

compositepro
    Free Member

and a swing to the left

cuterunner
    Free Member

Ah, your comments resound with the ring of truth, yossarian.

cuterunner
    Free Member

And yours with the dull thud of idiocy, compos…

khani
    Free Member

compositepro
    Free Member

yawns

tymbian
    Free Member

Why would you even want to write in Chinese?

breadcrumb

I honestly don’t get trolling. Does the troll get anything out of it? Some kind of kick?

nickc

C’mon. Give me an honest answer. I’m genuinely interested.

Because it’s dull, that’s why. It turns a lively interesting website to spend lunchtime browsing into a spiteful little place full of petty jealousies and playground “one up manship” and that’s dull.

And it’s honestly a bit sad to see someone who clearly has some issues, come back for another dose because of what? you’ve got nothing else presumably.

truly pathetic

pa·thos (pths, -thôs)
    n.
    1. A quality, as of an experience or a work of art, that arouses feelings of pity, sympathy, tenderness, or sorrow.
    2. The feeling, as of sympathy or pity.

cuterunner
    Free Member

Hmmm? Write in Chinese on the forum or just write in Chinese in general?

You need to be able to speak and write Chinese to get a decent post in Taipei, which is where I live. And you need it in China too. Which – in case you hadn’t noticed – is where the future lies.

Writing in Chinese on the forum? ‘Twas just for fun, though it seems to have upset many, many people 🙁

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Woopee-f**king-doo, another bored girlfriendless plonker with an Internet connection with nothing to watch on TV since the Great British Bake Off finished

Does this mean there’ll be another “toys out of the pram” Facebook page soon

cuterunner
    Free Member

Golly nickc, I do all that? Good lord, I didn’t realise my power. Hang on while I slip into my ‘supercuterunner’ tshirt will you?

I actually think I’m performing some sort of public service here. Letting y’all flush the anger out your systems.

No need to thank me. But you may pray for my soul if you like.

nick1962
    Free Member

I honestly don’t get trolling. Does the troll get anything out of it? Some kind of kick?

PeopleLosers often troll because that is the only way they can get someone to engage in any sort of discourse with them.

piemonster

Has that page disappeared?

Christ that thing was sad.

To be fair I’m quite intrigued by this. I’ve not really got my head around the motivational drivers. I mean, I’ve seen some attempt at explanation but I don’t believe it’s anywhere near the whole picture. Or arguably any of the picture.

iolo
    Free Member

He is definitely sick. He suffers from a mental health problem.
    This is quite evident in the grandeur bs he will be spouting. He believes every word of this bs by the way.
    I should know as I suffer from bipolar and have been hospitalised quite a few times so have come accross his type.

tymbian
    Free Member

would anyone like to know what I did at work today?

piemonster

Yes, go for it

tymbian
    Free Member

I was putting some finishing touches on some internal cladding in a summer-house I’m building. What did you do?

Tom-B
    Free Member

What happened to stw:argue?

As someone that suffers from mental health issues, I’d hope that if Fred does suffer, as others have said he does, then I hope that one day he gets things sorted and finds some inner happiness and peace.

At a guess I’d say posting on here and stw:argue wont really help him with that.

cuterunner
    Free Member

I’m not so much a loser, more a complete failure in life.

Deserted by my parents as a nipper ‘cos I was ugly and couldn’t control my bowels, I was passed from orphanage to orphanage until matron decided to send me to sea.

Yes. Four years in a submarine. You know what that can do to a man…

After I’d come to terms with the new me – and learnt how to co-ordinate my blouse and skirt – I married a rather handsome chap who seemed quite distraught on our wedding night to discover I was somewhat more than he’s expected. He divorced me and I descended once again into poverty and self-loathing.

And then… I discovered… mountain biking! My senses came alive! I was free! I could power up hills, fly through forests, skim over rivers! But it wasn’t to last. I came on the forum, revealed my soul, and was mocked for being the pathetic and deviant creature I know myself to be.

So here I stand. Alone. Naked. Disgraced before my peers. There is nothing left for me to do, nowhere to hide. I’m at your mercy.

Please, be gentle with me 🙁

iolo
    Free Member

Nice. I went for a walk around Vienna and had the best sushi ever.
    Edit: cuterunner, what pills are you on? Serious question.

tymbian
    Free Member

How’s Vienna this time of year? had any snow yet?

seavers
    Free Member

I was putting some finishing touches on some internal cladding in a summer-house I’m building. What did you do?

That sounds like a good day, I hope the summer house is looking good. Will you be painting it too or is going to be a wood finish?

I wasn’t at work today, nice week off for me! However I’m not doing anything fun! Just getting all those DIY jobs done that I have put off all summer. I’m making my way round the house glossing all the skirting boards and door frames. I am also making a new bath panel….funny story though, I measured it incorrectly, had a MDF cut at B&Q only to get it home to find it was 100mm short! Measure twice people!!

cuterunner
    Free Member

iolo:

Ever since I returned to this freezing climate, Ventolin.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘Golly, some in the West don't like Chinese…’ is closed to new replies.