Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Goldtec track hub bearings shot after 500 miles
  • cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Ive got some goldtec track hubs built up with stans alpha rims for my sscx and have noticed the rear hubs become stiff and notchy after doing about 500 mile on them in the 8 months since I had them built. .should I expect the bearings to be replaced under warranty ?

drofluf
    Free Member

Don’t know the Goldtec hub but I wouldn’t expect a track hub to be well sealed so I think you’ve done well getting that long on it given how you’ve used it!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Doesnt rain indoor and outside track races are canceled in the rain for safety.

Cant see why track hubs want seals…esp as seals create drag.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Ive got some goldtec track hubs built up with stans alpha rims for my sscx and have noticed the rear hubs become stiff and notchy after doing about 500 mile on them in the 8 months since I had them built. .should I expect the bearings to be replaced under warranty ?

Still not enough facepalm

JoB
    Free Member

Goldtec track hubs aren’t like normal track hubs, they’re well known for lasting forever on courier and SSCX bikes, i have some built up on my SSCX and they’re still good after years of use

warranty? no, but speak to them politely expressing your concern and you never know what might happen

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

yeah they are pretty hard working hubs and bearings usually, i would ask – and if not, replacement bearings are only a tenner.

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

The hubs are sealed just like any other hub..they are a hub built for frames with track spacing but are not just for track use..they are used a lot by couriers and are sold has having good seals..hence goldec building the wheelset up knowing its intended use !

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Thanks guys..at least there’s a couple of people on here that know what they’re talking about..I know Kev pretty well in the shop but just wanted somebody else’s opinion..Thanks again..

yatesy

cycleofaddiction pop your wheel in to goldtec Monday and I’ll pop you some new bearings in your wheel for you.
    cheers marc at betd/goldtec

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Cheers yatesy, will do..

pop-larkin
    Free Member

If you know kev why post what could be read as a negative post on their products?
    Theyre a great bunch with good customer service so surely the way forward was to pop in and ask before raising it here?

Its hard enough out there at the moment without making it harder for folks

Rant over- peace and love

eddie11
    Free Member

Pop – you’re quite right but look at it this way, we would have been deprived of an epic face palm collage

This thread needs more facepalm 😆

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Good point well made

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Goldtec track hub bearings shot after 500 miles’ is closed to new replies.