Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Gold plated interconnects
  • brant
    Free Member
    wwaswas

*likes*

MrWoppit
    Free Member

maxtorque

^^^ Makes the average discussion about “29ers”, or “laterally stiff, vertically compliant” look fairly normal eh! 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

Says the man who has given us more marketing variations on a bunch of steel tubes than Mike bloody Oldfield.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Mains cables and plugs require 50 hours “bedding in” 😯

bigblackshed

That is beyond spectacular.

andytherocketeer

Since it’s only UK/IE that have fused 13A plugs, will I get an improvement in audio clarity if I rewire my house from Euro 2pin (which don’t have fuses) to UK sockets and plugs with £35 gold plated fuses?

Cougar

Says the man who has given us more marketing variations on a bunch of steel tubes than Mike bloody Oldfield.

The linked website is great, but that’s the funniest thing I’ve read today.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Laugh all you like, but since gold plating all the interconnects on my bicycle, the trails have definitely become more vibrant.

RustyMac

IanMunro-
    Laugh all you like, but since gold plating all the interconnects on my bicycle, the trails have definitely become more vibrant.

That is all well and good but have the trails become more involving and rewarding whilst at the same time giving you the feeling of the bike being tamed and more natural???

That is really what you would be looking for in plating your interconnects, if this is not what you are experiencing you should relay consider going platinum ! 😉

oldboy
    Free Member

This was never going to end well – try asking the same question on a dedicated HiFi forum; assuming you’ll live long enough to see the thread to it’s conclusion 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I find it somewhat disappointing that no contact details are provided for my potential customers. I have a bridge to sell…

bigblackshed

oldboy – Member
    This was never going to end well – try asking the same question on a dedicated HiFi forum; assuming you’ll live long enough to see the thread to it’s conclusion

I’d rather put fire ants in my pants and drink lager.

CountZero

“This [$600] USB cable is simply revelatory in its combination of ease and refinement on one hand, and resolution and transparency on the other. Although capable of resolving the finest detail, Diamond USB has a relaxed quality that fosters deep musical involvement.”
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    I’m going to bookmark that page, some of the funniest stuff I’ve read in ages! Thanks, Brant. 😀

brant
    Free Member

geetee1972 – Member
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I do love it. But I can’t remember where I’ve spun seven levels of bull about steel frames.
    Quite the opposite. But maybe there are some skeletons.

geetee1972
    Free Member

You didn’t spin anything Brant, you just made the variations and we did the rest. Which is what happens in the HiFi industry as well.

DezB
    Free Member

Marvellous stuff! Is Woppit upset by it?

stever
    Free Member

Are the rest of you not running your cables through a vacuum yet?

porter_jamie

do you think these people actually believe what they are writing, or are they sitting there giggling their tits off sticking down the funniest thing they can think of?

RustySpanner

I stopped reading Hifi mags after finding the phrase ‘low level splashback’ in a review of £150 speakers.

The ‘square edge hit’ of HiFi.
    Sounds like something that might happen whilst using a pub urinal.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Stever do you not have problems with the bag or are you using a dyson?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is Woppit upset by it?

he popped up from under his bridge tutted and has gone back under where he shall remain till a religious thread catches his attention

DezB
    Free Member

Wow, just read some more of it. The bullshit is practically endless. And to think people* spend their cash based on stuff like that..

*suckers

Junkyard
    Free Member

They have their own website dedicated to the shit written about wheel size* and how it will bring the trail alive

Glass houses people glass houses
    or
    * slacker head angle
    * More travel
    * dropper posts
    * Kashmina[ no idea how to spell that ] coatings
    * You get the point

manton69

Brant- just out of interest why were you looking there in the first place? Just asking like ;-).

brant
    Free Member

manton69 – Member
    Brant- just out of interest why were you looking there in the first place? Just asking like ;-).
    POSTED 10 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

The wonderful Andy Armstrong posted it on Facebook earlier.

There was a thread about one or two of my frames on here recently that made me think of this sort of thing.

And I remember when iolo got quite upset when I said the 45650b wasn’t better, just different.

GrahamS

Loving the £35 13amp fuse. Brilliant.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh crap. Just listen to stuff. If you hear a difference and like it, buy it (if affordable) if you can’t hear….life for music and such is easy. All good.

batfink
    Free Member

There is somebody who has bought little plastic sawhorses to put under his cables because he thinks that HIS CARPET is interfering with his enjoyment of a Roxette* LP? 😐

*assumed

Just looked them up (http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/4600)

Well I’m sold on a set….. look, they have graphs! It’s science people!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Glass houses people glass houses
    or
    * slacker head angle
    * More travel
    * dropper posts
    * Kashmina[ no idea how to spell that ] coatings
    * You get the point

Well I reckon in a double blind I could tell the difference between having a dropper post or not…. or die trying

toys19
    Free Member

Well I reckon in a double blind I could tell the difference between having a dropper post or not…. or die trying

exactly, and those other things are testable too.

All that post modern audio bullshit is without definition.

stever
    Free Member

Stever do you not have problems with the bag or are you using a dyson?

God no, I only ever use a Ewbank in the listening room. You get clouds of static from the motors of those others. Beginner stuff really, no other appliances in the room.

gobuchul
    Free Member

The very first quote about double blind tests being pointless, sums the bullshit up.

andytherocketeer

Are the rest of you not running your cables through a vacuum yet?

vacuum pumps were a bit noisy and spoiled the high end clarity.

so I compromised by putting ferrite cores round TOSLink interconnects instead

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If I really want to listen to to something special I currently do it in space, it’s getting more expensive so I save it for the real good stuff like the Spice Girls first album.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The wonderful Andy Armstrong posted it on Facebook earlier.

There was a thread about one or two of my frames on here recently that made me think of this sort of thing.

DezB
    Free Member

Private joke Woppit?

mrjmt
    Free Member

Place the Cable Tower V2 under signal cables, speaker cables and power cables for improvements in clarity, detail and resolution.

…and an increase in mutual inductance between the power cable and speaker cables? cant understand why this would ever be a good thing?!?

elliott-20
    Free Member

If only there was a;

“the $500, gold plated, bedded-in, pre-stretched, HDMI cable makes my zeros and ones come ALIVE!”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Gold plated interconnects’ is closed to new replies.