Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • gold bottlecage?
  • alpin
    Free Member

what with the gold handlebars, gold lock-rings on the grips and the gold seat clamp i was wondering if gold bottlecages are available.

been trwaling the web but haven’t seen anything other than a plastic see-through gold cage turn up.

cheers

J

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bit soft and heavy?

Raouligan
    Free Member

“gold bottle cages” brings up Elite Patao in google…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Fortunateson09
    Free Member

http://www.frost.co.uk/result_search.asp?keyword=anodising&gclid=CJCYjba44ZoCFRIgZwodUxJLBg

Get one of those and just do everthing.

But only if you’ve got a black or white frame, anything else and it will look like someone’s been sick on it.

tinsy
    Free Member

alpin you got a picture of your bike, I am wondering if ive been out golded..

anyhow here you go. Just in case there is any confusion they are not real gold…

http://www.bikemania.biz/Velo_Water_Bottle_Cage_p/velocity_velocage.htm

oldgit
    Free Member

My local shop had gold cages, but the gold rubs off and just leaves the Ivory showing.

naokfreek
    Free Member

It’s a real pain when that happens..

tinsy
    Free Member

Joxster
    Free Member

You only need one when you have to get your bike up to the UCI limit. It’s better to fill your bars with ice when it’s weighed and of the course of the race it melts and your bike gets lighter.

tinsy
    Free Member

ha ha, ws your carbon/ivory one of these Elite ones then?

alpin
    Free Member

that one i’ve seen tinsy, bit too pricy though.

just plain old showy gold colour is what i’m after, not made of money and it’ll only be one for a week or so when on tour. rest of the time use the camelbak. infact will prob use both but just handy to have water to hand in bottle for off-bike stuff.

alpin
    Free Member

bear in mind i’m colour blind. it has been said before that it clashes a little but i’m mostly oblivious to it…

tinsy
    Free Member

I need them grips…. check out my first post, plain gold anodized cage someone in the UK must sell them.
    I think i am ahead, got a gold floating rotor on it since the pic.. Take special note of the gold spoke nipples on the front wheel.
    Got a gold KMC chain to on when I can afford a new cassette!!!

oh and I got these back on it too..

alpin
    Free Member

i almost bought a set of ‘Windcutter’ rotors with a gold coating….

might look at gold pedals when the MG1’s give up the fight; already missing a few pins.

have also had a look at the KMC chains but stumped for a Sram due to a cassette/chain combo offer.

tinsy
    Free Member

I bought the chain ages ago in a sale, but used my cassette on another bike I built for the wife, and I really like XT cassettes but are expensive now, i looked at those rotors and decided against them had a nasty experience with a cheapo wavy one (Aztec) and vibrating, the windcutters look like they would do the same.

I need to take new pics of my bike as its constantly getting new bits and bobs, usually in gold…

What are the grips and end plugs? Lizard skin ones?

alpin
    Free Member

SPANK grips.

also look at THESE

kennyNI
    Free Member

There was a guy on Dragon’s Den a few years ago that was pitching his gold plating company. Don’t know if it took off, and not sure if it was the kit he was selling, or franchise to gold-plating shops. But you want something like that and just gold plate any cage of your choice.

This I think.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘gold bottlecage?’ is closed to new replies.