Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Going to Longleat CentreParcs tomorrow, any recommondations for activities?
  • chojin
    Free Member

Going with wife and 18 month old son – We were planning to do a few activities, but not too many so what would you recommend?

And yes, i’ve already seen the link to the mumsnet “euphemism” thread.

m0rk
    Free Member

Also interested… But I’m there Friday-Monday this weekend coming

Any potential reason to take my own bike & ride locally? I’ve got a rental shed booked to use on site.

Cougar

Whatever’s not booked solid by now, I’d expect. (-:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And yes, i’ve already seen the link to the mumsnet “euphemism” thread.

Sniggers.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

The aerial adventure is an absolute rip off. 27 ish squid for about 15 mins and 5 platforms. Mind you prob to old for the lad anyway

Take some comfy walking shoes as it’s a long way to the indoor sports area with all indoor activities. Quite a big hill too.

The pool is absolutely awesome. Great kids bit and slides are great. The rapids are awesome too (but unforntualetly your lad will be too young for this as it is actually pretty fast and you do hammer along)

Car parks can be a bit confusing as you don’t Park near lodge / cabin but in communal parking area. Mind you once you are parked up you don’t really need the car.

There is a soft play area in the bar

My girls around 2 loved mini kickers, the climbing wall and posts, oh and bowling (mini kids bowling). Also the crazy golf is good for a laugh. Oh and pedalos in the Lake.

Hope you have a great time. It’s a great place.

Just one more tip – do check the lodge thoroughly for black mould. Unfortunatly due to the woodland setting mould and damp is unavoidable. I am allergic to it and the first lodge had mould all behind the bedstead. Got moved to a newer and less mouldy one. Staff were obviously used to this kind of complaint as it was dealt with rapidly.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Oh and I took my bike. The bikes were rubbish and expensive (fine for “normal” folk but by being on here you kind of like decent bikes). Just as we were leaving I did chat to the bloke that runs the bike bit and they were just about to take delivery of a new load for the new season so no idea if they are any better. There are loads of places to lock up – just take a decent lock. It’s a pretty secure and enclosed site but I am sure thieves will find a way in if they want to. I never locked mine up… Just rode from the lodge and did 3/4 laps of the park daily to keep the legs spinning.

chojin
    Free Member

Doncorleoli – thanks for that, lots of great info there!
    We’ve just arrived and are in a modern lodge, no mould that I can see!

Thank you for the suggestions, I’ll give them a whirl 🙂

wallop

Puddle dodging?

Scamper
    Free Member

Nice singketrack just outside the parimiter. Go down to entrance turn right, and next right to explore. I think.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Puddle dodging?

Euphemism?

eskay

We used to go twice a year but the prices have gone crazy in recent years (school hols and weekends).

When my kids were that age they used to do something called baby dolphins in the pool before it was open to the public.

Can’t think what other activities they used to do when they were that small (was a while ago!).

There is a small soft play area in the sports bar in the Jardin Des Sports.

I had my own Burley trailer so I used to take that but I think if I went now I would just hire bikes. Nowhere is that far (you can even walk pretty much everywhere if you take the short routes). If you do take an expensive bike, lock it up well and keep it indoors at night.

My advice to you is make the most of the time before they go to school, holidays get ridiculously expensive in term time. Hopefully only another three or for term time summer hols for me!!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

We’ve been going off season, so reasonable-ish prices, for the last few years from when our kids were very young, maybe not as young as 18 months, but not much older. I seem to remember there being plenty of activities for young kids on offer so keep an eye out. Plenty of soft play’s and outdoor playgrounds aimed at young kids so plenty to do.

I was there at Longleaf back in March and they were in the process of doing up the kids area in the pool, so that should be done by now. Enjoy, hope the weather perks up!

iain1775
    Free Member

Yep if you took your bike there is loads of Singletrack around, I had a great day exploring
    Strava heatmap was great for telling me where to look but don’t think I strayed more than 4-5 miles from the perimeter fence but rode about 25 in total, 80% singletrack, 15% fire road. 5% quiet forest roads
    Further field some decent bridleways so can easily ride all day if you get the chance (and weather)

Inside CP at that age there really isn’t that much for them apart from the pool and soft play, everything else is criminally expensive anyway, especially so it seems at longleat when compared to the whinfell (Cumbria) site

m0rk
    Free Member

Wish I’d taken my bike for proper riding, but was glad to have rented a shitter to bolt the weeride to.

‘upgraded’ my wife to the Raleigh Motus e-bike so she could keep up, which was worthwhile given our differing levels of fitness.

Swam six times, dodging some fairly half cut hen parties on the white water river on the first evening. Daughter (3.5) loved it all, lots of balance bike riding and scooting and animals.

And for the first time since she was born I slept for both >10hrs & past 8am each night.

Would go again, and was glad to have cooked for ourselves, based on ‘restaurant’ prices and quality where we did try.

holdsteady

Longleat Safari Park is brilliant and very close – book online for cheaper deals.

Cougar

Yes! This. We did it a couple of months ago. Say yes when offered deer food, and go see the lemurs.

The walk around bit is kiddie oriented and, well, a bit crap bit the drive through safari bit is ace.

revs1972
    Free Member

Take some nuts for the squirrels that will visiti your lodge. If you are lucky you will see deer ( we found they would graze outside early in the morning)

orangeboy
    Free Member

Lots of riding in Longleat woods although mostly cheeky trail. Again strava is your friend

toemul
    Free Member

The safari park is mint forget the cheeky trails do the safari park on your bike.

toemul
    Free Member

You would actually win strava.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Going to Longleat CentreParcs tomorrow, any recommondations for activities?’ is closed to new replies.