Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • going rigid on a 29er
  • jameso

Interesting, as you’ve got a back-to-back comparison that I didn’t have there. Just shows, there’s no ‘best’, just preferences.

vorlich
    Free Member

Yeah, I guess it’s just being able to appreciate it for what it is. It does certain things really well, taken on those terms, I like it’s flexy characteristics, if I was riding it hard all the time, maybe I’d think differently.

TimCotic
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden the old Salsa Cromotos against the new-fangled bolt-thru carbns like the Firestarter, Niners, and Travers Prong?
    I’d love to know whether it’s worth the upgrade as I like the Cromotos and they were CHEAP compared to the others.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nothing rowdy is possible with rigid forks…

Rowdy? He’s on smooth muddy singletrack. Not sure your definition of rowdy is the same as everyone else’s 🙂

kimbers

my only issue with having a rigid 29er, is that it hurts if you get it wrong
    90% the time its not a problem, but can get a bit painful hitting rooty descents
    some nice carbon rigids might be better though

but my major problem is night riding- arriving at a jump or drop in the dark a sus fork just allows you to make a mistake it can hurt a lot more on rigids!

if anyones got any 1/18th steerer suspension forks , they wanna swap for some P2s and some cash PM me!

T666DOM

I put some rigid carbon forks on my Clockwork, coupled with a 2.4 Chunky Monkey is was great. Saving all the weight on the front made for a more pleasant ride than with the fox floats I took off. Really I was just bridging the gap before my new fat bike, which is frickin’ awesome. All the 29er stuff will now go to fund upgrades!!

jameso

Rowdy? He’s on smooth muddy singletrack. Not sure your definition of rowdy is the same as everyone else’s

He’s doubling up the lumps in style, in the mud, probably at a pace most of us couldn’t manage on our ‘modern bikes’.. while in the drops. JT ruled 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

He’d be far rowdier on a modern FS, of course.

Compare and contrast – modern top downhiller:

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘going rigid on a 29er’ is closed to new replies.