Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • going crazy – thule instructions?
  • sc-xc

I am rubbish at google. I have been looking for the instructions telling me hpw to remove the footpack (750) from my roof bars (760)…anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

podman
    Free Member

Which bit are you stuck on?

First you need to undo the footpack to the point of it being around as loose as it was when it was new (it doesn't really need to be this loose, but it makes it easier). Then slide the bits off of the end of the bar.

Now, look on the "inside" of the footpack, where it meets the bar. There's a little lever there which should easily pull upwards towards the bar… There's now nothing holding the footpack onto the bar, but if it's been there for a while/ through lots of bad weather then it may still be pretty stiff!

If you're intending putting them back on again and you don't have the instructions I'd also suggest making a note of where the footpack sits on the bar- there are numbers on the underside of the bar 🙂

If you still need instructions email me and I'll send you a link 🙂

/Halfords guy for the past 6 years :p

sc-xc

cheers podman, the ends don't seem to want to slide off…there are two little triangles that look like they are preventing the end from coming off.

I have released the lever at the back…I will try the hammer now.

Thanks again mate

podman
    Free Member

A bit of lubricant probably wouldn't go amiss 🙂

I've had them in the past where they've been a complete nightmare to removed when they've been sat on the car for years, but not resorted to a hammer yet!

sc-xc

Cheers podman. Found the original instructions in the garage – all sorted now.

Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘going crazy – thule instructions?’ is closed to new replies.