Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Going 1×10 Which chainring ?
  • fivespot
    Free Member

I have decided on 34T up front, but which makes are compatible with 10 spd chains. Obviously doesn’t need to be ramped. What are you guys running ?

warpcow
    Free Member

Any 9-spd chainring should be 10-spd compatible, even if it doesn’t say so.

I’ve got some randoom FSA one I had lying around.

Jeffus
    Free Member

e-13 32 teeth and middle burm 36 swop between them from time to time.

e-13

middle burn

mike88
    Free Member

e.13 guide ring….just fitted one. They are so light.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Renthal, Renthal or Renthal

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

MRP on one bike (very light) or On-One stainless steel on the other (heavier but will outlast most other things I suspect).

takisawa2

Surly stainless one should last well. I’m running a std Deore steel & its fine, but a nice shiny Surly one is going on when I’ve stripped & polished the cranks.

stevede
    Free Member

Alternate between an E13 32t and 34t guide ring, job done. 11-36t rear. Any non ramped 9spd ring will do though.

schmiken

Rotor 34T Q Ring SS.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

e-thirteen guide ring. Used them for years on singlespeeds and now 1×10.

ash.addy
    Free Member

I’d agree with guitar hero Renthal

fivespot
    Free Member

Renthals looking favourite , thanks fellas 8)

messiah
    Free Member
    Janesy
    Free Member

Messiah, Thanks a bunch! 🙂 Just purchsed a 34t Silver aluminium spiderless for my carbon X0 chainset. Ive been umm’ing and arrrr’ing about this for a while. There site is so easy!

Just need to get a chain guide now. Thanks!!

onandon
    Free Member

Renthal are brill
    Homebrew are total gimps to deal with. It took 3 months for them to send me a ‘ring’ and weren’t interested in helping me when I e-mailed to find out why it was delayed.

I was hit for the import duty which equated to the ‘ring’ costing around £50.

As above ,Renthal,Renthal,Renthal

Janesy
    Free Member

On and on: You try getting a new ring for a SRAM S-2200 🙂 go and I dare you. If I ave to wait 2 months then I’ll wait.

messiah
    Free Member

Homebrew were ace for me to deal with – I noticed the fact it’s a custom item and would take a few weeks. Bought what I wanted from the site. Email from them to say I had purchased and when to expect it. Email to say it had shipped. Arrived as expected and slipped through customs like a greased otter – no gimp suit involved 😆

njee20
    Free Member

I got a custom ring from Matias Helore, who was excellent to deal with, got a ti chainring for not much money and didn’t get hit for import.

Janesy
    Free Member

Njee, I emailed Matias – thanks for your email with his contact detials. Didnt get back to me within week and a half.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Going 1×10 Which chainring ?’ is closed to new replies.