Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Goggles and P1sspot helmets as seen on the cover of ST mag.
  • BillOddie

Interesting “looks” aside, this seems like a relatively good idea for alot of riding, especially it wet wales.

Are there helmet/goggle combos that work particularly well?

And Pisspots with google retainer loops?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

BillOddie
    Are there helmet/goggle combos that work particularly well?

And Pisspots with google retainer loops?

Retainer loops are surplus to requirments. Any old pot works well.

MrAgreeable

I “rocked” this look during the recent snow, and as you might expect it’s pretty impractical. If you get goggles with a silicone strip on the band then they will stay put OK, no need for retainer loops, but they mist up as soon as you have to go uphill. You’ll also be constantly cleaning them if you ride in shitty conditions, unless you want to make like the wannabe racers at uplift days and leave piles of tear-offs by the side of the trail.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toxicsoks
    Free Member

My 15yr old son adopted this look last year…………..’for a laff’. 🙂

scaredypants

I thought the pic looked staged, naff and a bit “bikemag” but not because of the hat/gogs

whippersnapper
    Free Member

pisspot and googgles is my snowboarding look, with a buff underneath of course. works well

xc-steve
    Free Member

What makes people think this looks good?! You just look like an idiot! either wear a full face helmet and goggles or p-pot and glasses don’t mix the two! Soon people will be saying socks and sandals are a good idea!

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Obviously everyone should only wear what others within their clique deem as aesthetically pleasing. Any practical uses or benfits of a certain gear/attire combination should be ignored.

matt_outandabout

xc-steve – Member

What makes people think this looks good?! You just look like an idiot! either wear a full face helmet and goggles or p-pot and glasses don’t mix the two! Soon people will be saying socks and sandals are a good idea!

I am trying to decide if you are a troll or not. 😐

xc-steve
    Free Member

I am trying to decide if you are a troll or not. [:|]

Ha I know I know who would have thought someone having a strong opinion, but really people actually think this is a good look?

walleater

Well if you are totally shredding the gnu, you’d be wearing a full face helmet (and goggles depending on the weather), but if you are in a more XC frame of mind you wouldn’t want to wear a FF unless you are a bit paranoid, and why on earth would you want to wear goggles on an XC ride? What’s wrong with clear glasses / inner tube on fork / Crudcatcher / blinking a bit?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Careful – here comes an opinion. Personally I think the goggles and potty combo looks hilarious. If and when the need for it arises my mates and I frequently laugh at each other.

However, sometimes ones riding cant simply be categorised into just xc/or downhill or any other neat little box. When I’m not riding proper DH courses I normally wear my pot. It’s my only other helmet. I like the protection it provides, it’s cheap to replace and I’m not overly worried about ventialtion 11 months of the year.

Occaisionally one might engage in some very long very fast, descents where wind, insects, roost and all manner of flying crap and be a hazzard. Hence the goggles.

What about glasses I hear you say? Well, I had a pair, I fell off and they broke. They were very expensive and supposedly very very resiliant. In practice they were not, they didnt even stop the wind getting in my eyes on many occaisions. So Im not wasting any more money on them. Goggles are cheaper, more robust and completely stop your eyes from streaming when the going gets very very fast and the shit starts to fly. Glasses dont.

Goggles are no more difficult to clean, the lenses are cheap to replace, they protect more of your face and if they break who cares. Take them off on the climbs.

bumbly1
    Free Member

Agreed, totally naff picture, looks like a poor photoshop effort.

xc-steve
    Free Member

That’s fair Gnar Gnar I agree practily there is some use however my cheep glasses do just as good a job as my goggles do without the added bonus of random bits of dirt/mud flying around inside them!

Having said that I’m sure alot of the “pro” “monster crew” riders supporting this look are just doing it because they think its a good look! 😕

mattsccm
    Free Member

No quite a piss pot but close , my Protec is really one with a peak. I do on rare occasions use goggles. Only some where like Afan where a long fast descent in the cold or rain makes my eyes water. Always thought it was a bit pratish til I went out with amet and his fast teenage son who of courseis trendy and doesn’t laugh at this sort of thing. Bloody good idea. Can’t see why yuou would need them going up any more than clear glasses. Been wearing goggles for 30 years trail riding although I am in the minority taking them off at slow speeds. Decent goggles , I use double lens ones don’t steam up unless you are really sweaty. It works. I don’t use a FF lid, not where I ride. Eg CC down hill at the best

MrNutt
    Free Member

its a great look…

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

dis look = rad. not for dads tho. lulz

BigDummy
    Free Member

Socks and sandals is an excellent look and has important practical benefits as well. Care is needed however in choosing the right socks. 🙂

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

DA_DOOD–lulz
    dis look = rad. not for dads tho. lulz

Wow, a strawman sockpuppet. I never thought I’d see such a perfect specimen in the wild.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Never mind the cover, what about that freak with the beard?

robbo
    Free Member

Its probably just a cynical attempt to get the MBUK kids to buy the mag by mistake. As long as they don’t look at the 90s lycra article. But then maybe in 20 years time piss pots and goggles will have caught on!

mattsccm
    Free Member

sorry if the overall image doesn’t appeal. I know, I’ll dig out my turquoise Caratti shoes, purple top and wool Campag tights to enhance the image. Maybe borrow my mates polystyrene helmet complete with lycra cover with multi colour splashes on it.
    Oh yeah why can’t we have an English spell checker on this forum.
    Colour is right you nasty little americans.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Goggles and P1sspot helmets as seen on the cover of ST mag.’ is closed to new replies.