Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gogglebox, square-eyes PSA – Into the Wild just starting on Film4 +1
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Channel 45 for the cheapskates, like me.

mtbfix

Natch! Meant to record that but forgot. More warning next time, please, that man.

Pigface
    Free Member

One of the most divisive films I have ever seen, mate loved it and wanted to go and do the same, I hated it, thought he was a selfish twit. Argued about that for ages, funnily my mate now lives in a Caravan in the Wilds of Scotland, he does have a good job though so that is cheating 😆

wishiwascalledsteve

Glad I’m not the only one who thought he was selfish. The idea of buggering off to live in the wilds sounds great, but not telling any family/friends about your plan or keeping them in the loop is just wrong for me.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

One of the most divisive films I have ever seen, … I hated it, thought he was a selfish twit.

had the same reaction reading the book (to the point I didnt want to see the film). Had no sympathy for him and therefore little interest in his story.

Into Thin Air (same author, about the Everest disaster) is a stunning read though.

tonyd

Very nearly sat up and watched it last night, despite having it on my NAS to watch anytime. What is it with fillums on telly and having to stay up and watch them?!

I too thought he was a bit selfish, but what a fantastic story and quite a tragic end.

wrecker
    Free Member

The kid was a chod.

dragon
    Free Member

It’s not a fantastic story, but simply a idealistic middle class kid dies pointlessly because he’s not as clever or determined as he thinks he is.

The book is a shambles as well, did he or didn’t he have a map? At the beginning he apparently does, but at the end apparently he didn’t, you’d have thought the author could have found out as its a major piece of detail.

tonyd

simply a idealistic middle class kid dies pointlessly because he’s not as clever or determined as he thinks he is.

It’s been a while since I watched it but I’m pretty sure there was a little more to it than that.

Did it make you want to go and explore Alaska? It did me.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

It’s been a while since I watched it but I’m pretty sure there was a little more to it than that.

summed up the book for me!

joshbosh12
    Free Member

I found him to be selfish guy who seemed to lack any common sense when it came to what he thought he knew everything about. No compass, No map…idiot! I felt like he committed suicide rather than very sadly died.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Ace film, liked a lot 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gogglebox, square-eyes PSA – Into the Wild just starting on Film4 +1’ is closed to new replies.