Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • god that was fun, llandegla trails much betterer than I remember*
  • tazzymtb

Its been years, like years and years since I last had a spin around deggy, took the ss out for a pootle and by George the trail pixies have made some lovely swoopy playful stuff. A lots less enduro storm troopers than I remember as well everyone was a lot more chilled out. A really pleasant surprise.

Top job and well done to the trail pixies and helpers

*it has probably been that for aaages but hey, me n trail centres dont usually mix

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

gotta Love the Degla 8)

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Went there a few weeks for the first time in years too, also came away thinking the same as you

andylc
    Free Member

I’d love to know what an Enduro Storm Troopers trail is like….

Rorschach
    Free Member

Marin
    Free Member

Did the red run on Friday night. No Storm Troopers in sight only a few mice on the trail blinded by my lights!

rickon
    Free Member

I really dont get Llandegla, im not sure what the new loop is aimed at doing. It feels weird and disjointed, the odd steep climbs when you think youre gonna descend got me in a grump.

emac65
    Free Member

I just don’t find there’s enough to do there,usually do the masts loop with it but it all seems to be over before it’s even gotten started…

Saying that,I have got what looks to be a nice little route downloaded on the Garmin for when the weather improves a bit & work isn’t quite so busy !

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Last year I went back there for the first time since 2007 & enjoyed it so much I went a few more times over the summer.I’ll be going back again when the sun starts to shine 😀

thegeneralist
    Free Member

but it all seems to be over before it’s even gotten started…

Do it again, and again, and again.

Actually, don’t bother, it doesn’t really get any better.

emac65
    Free Member

Do it again, and again, and again.

Actually, don’t bother, it doesn’t really get any better.

I’ve already tried that, 3 laps ……… Still left me feeling the same…. 🙂

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

Llandegla is pretty unapologetic in its simplicity and has been modified to appeal to a wider group of riders. If you are a half decent rider, it isn’t difficult, but the beauty is in hitting it flat out.

If you know the way, you can easily session the better parts of the black runs, and the freeride area is decent fun and easy to do a few loops from the carpark. It holds up reasonably well when its wet, so its a good year-round place to ride (snow aside!).

It is my “back yard” pretty much, so I know it inside out. Riding it every week would bore me, but I still enjoy it now and again.

If you venture just outside, there is also some great natural stuff to ride. The masts singletrack is particularly good.

tazzymtb

I know the surrounding area well as I used to ride over the clywd range, worlds edge, horseshoe quarry and areas in the 80’s

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m not a huge fan. I don’t mind it. I’ve only ever ridden the black which seems to shoot it’s load too quickly – the early bits are really good fun, fast, swoopy but too short. Everything after B line is just a slog.

The skills section is fun though – the doubles are good fun for a muck about on.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘god that was fun, llandegla trails much betterer than I remember*’ is closed to new replies.