Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • God that was difficult – Apple Store content
  • dannybgoode

@CZ – not have a button?!

Android and WP have done away with such 20th century technology (for the Home option, I know they still use them for volume etc) – surely Apple can!

Drac

She would not have stood a chance had she not got it from the store as the warranty would be between wherever she bought it from and her, not the Apple store.

Apple don’t care where you bought it from they’re very good for that and one of the reasons it’s worth buying their products for.

richmars

When you buy a phone, any phone, that’s what you’re buying. You’re not buying a bag of bits. If one part of the phone isn’t too spec, you can’t go back to the battery manufacturer and complain, you complain (justifiably) to the phone manufacturer, who should take the hit. That’s part of the cost of running a business. The phone manufacturer should get redress from the battery supplier.
    Anything else is a cop out.

dannybgoode

@Drac – so people keep saying but that was not my experience today. In fact every time I have been to the Meadowhall Apple store (with the exception of the manager today) I have found the staff to be disinterested bordering on rude (note I rarely am involved in the conversations before anyone accuses me of being a thugish rogue 😉 – merely an observer.

Even the manager said it was only because my mum had originally got the phone from there that he was swapping it out as a thank you for her custom when she could have got it from a myriad of other places.

wiggles
    Free Member

Battery defence is a load of balls…
    Surely if that was the case they could just say if your screen, charger, camera etc break that’s not their fault either as they only stick the logo on and don’t make any of the workings of the phone 🙄

The phone is made by apple, if they purchase inadequate individual components from their suppliers then that is their issue to take up not yours as the person who bought a entire phone from them

ononeorange

I’m not at all techie but I do think the iPhone is woeful. I got one against my better judgement some months ago and loathe it but stuck with the bloody thing now.

My mrs one broke and all apple wanted to do was “keep it to fix it” . Yeah right and take all her personal details off it. Wouldn’t let it out of our sight, so couldn’t get it fixed. Horrible company IMO.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

tinfoil hat time? /\

tinybits
    Free Member

Yep, count zero, got to say, that’s utter bobbins. If my car breaks down, I’m going straight to VW and giving them grief. if they say ‘well, the issue is the injectors, and as Bosch make those, it’s not out fault, so really you’re just statistically unlucky, and you’ll have to suck it up’, the individual in question is likely to have my boot up is arse!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Well of course they do, and Tim Cook is the acknowledged master of controlling the supply chain, but he isn’t omnipotent, he has no overall control over every third-party’s production line, so cannot vet every battery that goes into an Apple product.

The first part of that sentence does not correspond to the second. Proper control of the supply chain does indeed allow you to define and control processes for your suppliers. And in the case of serious QC issues I would be amazed if Apple did not have access to adequate data.

I will remind you that initially you stated “no control”.

Agree with the second part of your post. It probably is possible to manufacture a battery that’s much more reliable, but the cost would not work for the product. It’s impossible to know if the i-phone battery failures are within design tolerance.

nealglover
    Free Member

oh and @ Neal G – I am intrigued.

You went to an Apple store to buy a charger and with no discussion and with you not asking they offered up a new phone.

Telepathy?

If you are intrigued, then try reading what wrote.

It’s pretty straightforward………

I was in buying a second charger to use at work, and happened to mention it to the guy in passing, and that it was really annoying and he sorted it out without any need to quote EU regulations etc.

I mentioned why I was buying a second charger, in passing, and he sorted me out a new phone instead.

My mrs one broke and all apple wanted to do was “keep it to fix it” . Yeah right and take all her personal details off it. Wouldn’t let it out of our sight, so couldn’t get it fixed. Horrible company IMO.

So due to your own tin foil hat paranoia, you refused to let them honour their warranty obligations.

And you think that is somehow their fault ?? 🙄

maccruiskeen

sex on the genius bar.

They don’t call him Neal G Lover for nothing 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

The G is short for Gangsta I believe.

dannybgoode

@ Neal G – so there was a discussion. You asked for a charger, they asked why, you told them etc etc. Sounds like a discussion to me!

That’s all that was confusing me…

ononeorange

I admit I wrote my post the wrong side of too much wine and cast moderation aside, for which apologies. It was out if warranty, and the switch on the top had died. To remove needs an apple tool for some reason to remove two small screws- shouldn’t take long. But I don’t think it is paranoid to let people you don’t know have it for a period of time – what stops them taking off all your private details? I think that demonstrates a rather naive level if trust in the world, personally, but if you think that is paranoia, let’s leave it there.

Still don’t like my iPhone!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

what stops them taking off all your private details?

Your password?

joshbosh12
    Free Member

Step 1. Get problem
    Step 2. Book Genius bar appointment
    Step 3. Explain problem
    Step 4. Apple Genius potentially runs diagnostics
    Step 5. Apple Genius decides if you should have a new phone.

If you follow the right steps, it should end well for you. For some reason everyone expects a free new phone.
    They have an excellent track record of fantastic customer service in their Apple stores and are often willing to give away a new phone (actually a refurbished phone) to replace a broken one. I don’t think you can say the same for other smartphone manufacturers. Most sales staff in Apple stores are drips and i always try to avoid ever having to speak to them because 99% of the time they’re clueless. Just save your time and energy by booking a Genius bar appointment.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘God that was difficult – Apple Store content’ is closed to new replies.