Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • God is Dead?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Hot or not?

Played it over and over and thankfully more Sabbath than Bark at the Moon vintage Ozzy.

Well impressed and glad I have tickets.

Kryton57

Oh. I though for minute Clarkson had died.

Mackem

I little plodding for me, but, I wish they were playing in Spain.

johndoh
    Free Member

Know what you mean, but this is Sabbath at 60+ I think it’s fitting.

Especially the line ‘you have your bread, I’ll have the wine’

johndoh
    Free Member

**** the bass line is immense!

matty456
    Free Member

Heard it on planet rock. True Sabbath!

johndoh
    Free Member

Gives me great hope for the album and the tour

johndoh
    Free Member

Are the first four taps ‘War Pigs’?
    I was expecting that drawn out chord…

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Sabbath were crap and still are, ozzy can’t sing and never could. I’m a long standing rock metal fan and don’t get the fuss. Sounded… Well … Like they used to, why get excited? Yawn.

mikey74
    Free Member

Sabbath were crap and still are

You clearly aren’t a metal fan then.

Northwind

I’m a lifelong metal fan, but Sabbath are one of those bands that i acknowledge that most of the music I love owes them a debt, but it doesn’t mean I like ’em much.

And this is shit. Has its good moments, but by 2 minutes in it sounds like something off Lulu. And Ozzy’s sounding rather processed in places?

Had to love Ozzy on Zane Lowe – poor old Zane couldn’t get a word in edgeways – anyway, Ozzy reckons he can sing all the songs as they sound on the new album live, whereas previously, vocally challenging sections had been recorded separately and were subsequently hard to replicate in a live situation.

Ozzy mate, you find speaking vocally challenging!

johndoh
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member
    Sabbath were crap and still are
    POSTED 8 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

+1

johndoh
    Free Member

And, if you are more concerned about hearing a good singing voice, you should buy yourself a Celine Dion album.

Perhaps Ozzy can’t ‘sing’ but it isn’t about singing, it’s about style, presence, delivery, uniqueness. And you get all that with Ozzy by the bucketload.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I’m biting 😉 … but I’m sorry guys but I am a metal fan and have been all my life, I used to work freelance for RAW magazine and Metal Hammer, went on tour with Aerosmith and Whitesnake and was a real metal ligger back in the day. I even tried to drink Lemmy under the bar and failed… point is Sabbath never did it for me and seriously Ozzy isnt a great singer. Still like the guy, met him and Zakk at the odeon, but basically Sabbath were ok, average, and still are.

phil.w
    Free Member

Black Sabbath is for pansies*… A blast of Black Sabbath makes plants bloom, says radio gardener

*and other flowers

Dales_rider
    Free Member

No I’m not 😛

Mackem

“Aerosmith” and “Whitesnake” – lol. Must be trolling.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

yawn, same sh1t, different thread, what is metal, please dont lets get started.

😀

Lifer
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member

“Sabbath were crap and still are”

Ha ha great arguments all round.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m biting … but I’m sorry guys but I am a metal fan and have been all my life, I used to work freelance for RAW magazine and Metal Hammer, went on tour with Aerosmith and Whitesnake and was a real metal ligger back in the day. I even tried to drink Lemmy under the bar and failed… point is Sabbath never did it for me and seriously Ozzy isnt a great singer. Still like the guy, met him and Zakk at the odeon, but basically Sabbath were ok, average, and still are.

I couldn’t give a cr*p about your supposed “qualifications” but if you can’t see the importance of Sabbath to the world of metal then you clearly aren’t a metal fan. This is backed up by you name-dropping two bands are definitely aren’t metal.

D28boy
    Free Member

Liked it miself…..quite like Sweet Leaf I thought

Northwind

mikey74 – Member

if you can’t see the importance of Sabbath to the world of metal then you clearly aren’t a metal fan.

As my last post- not liking =/ not seeing importance.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘God is Dead?’ is closed to new replies.