Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Goa, anyone been?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Thinking about it, heard a few good reports. Any horror stories??

NZCol

mate went with is gf, he knocked her up while there and he has never recovered. avoid.

corroded
    Free Member

Been there for work. Lots of horror stories (Scarlett Keeling, Stephen Bennett) and a serious crime/corruption scene. If you’re after sun, sea, sand in that part of the world Sri Lanka is a much nicer place. Or Kerala.

slugwash
    Free Member

Dropped off there whilst cycling from Bombay (Mumbai) down to Kerala. Never got to Kerala. Don’t drink the Todi. Don’t do the acid. Go to the Taj Mahal instead.

2hottie
    Free Member

I’ve been whilst travelling around the world. DO NOT GO TO BAGA BEACH!!! you might as well go to a shite hole in Spain somewhere, well I found Goa to be really nice, cheap and the people to be rather friendly and welcoming. Try the Belo beer, ace, So south Goa is a must. I would go back no questions asked!

Enjoy.

guido

I stayed in Goa for 6 months. 2hottie says all you need to know.
    Stay south – away from the tourist areas – its surprising some of the stuff that happens Goa.
    Kerela is much better. Or if you a hippy type try Gokarn (south of Goa)

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Whats happened to Baga beach? I was last there in 97

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Actually come to think of it when I left in september 97 the charter fights were starting for the first year that Dec,
    real Indian experience is elsewhere – Hampi / Trivandrum / Pushkar / Manali some of my favorite places

2hottie
    Free Member

Well Frogleek,

When I arrived at baga on my little trip around Goa on a scooter I borrowed I was gutted to find a beach full of dumpy white Europeans sat on an army of deck chairs.. I didn’t even see the bloody beach!

As I said shite hole….

wl
    Free Member

Kerala backwaters are worth a trip – touristy but for good reason. Quite enjoyed Vagator in Goa but that was 9 years ago – probably ruined by hippies and ravers now. And backpackers like me.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

2Hottie – Chartler flights really fecked things up then

jahwomble
    Free Member

there now, in Siolim, just got back from vagator beach, its alright if you like beaches, off to hampi, which is stunning tomorrow for a week then back to goa for a few days, then off to kerala for a week then off to trivandrum for a week, I’d come again, my wife lived and worked out here for years, nowt wrong with it at all,apart from f****d up ravers and bright red package holiday types cluttering the place up anyway, but yep try and stay south of the capital when your here

lister-hooded
    Free Member

Listen to this

Alabama 3 content 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m told Kerala is nicer.. by my Indian mates.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Goa, anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.