Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Go-to trail pump nowdays ?
  • weeksy

What’s the consensus on pumps then now ?

I’ve had my Lezyne floor trail type for 5,6,7 years, i dunno, a while. Not used it for a LONG time and it was used on the weekend as i’d fitted a new tyre that didn’t quite seal and stay up fully…. 3 pumps and then it seizes, release and as soon as you get to a certain pressure, only about 20psi, it won’t pump higher… Can’t take apart to investigate, so need a new one.

Don’t need a gauge etc, doesn’t need to be massive, or too small… it’s for the Camelbak not the tail pack. So can be slightly bigger if needed.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Topeak Mountain Morph.

mashr

Another Lezyne that you like the look of (Alloy drive in my case), but I mostly say that as I’m a Lezyne tart

Stevelol
    Free Member

The one up edc is really high volume that I’ve been enjoying recently, I have the lezyne one you have too.

weeksy

Bought one now thanks.

mashr

What?! You can’t start a thread as exciting as this and then not say what you bought!

weeksy

Lezyne HV Sport.

Looked decent enough, reviews well and small/light enough.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve a Topeak Mountain Morph for the fat bike and a Topeak DS2 or something like that for the other two.

You can strip down the Mountain Morph to service it without any tools, it just screws undone by hand pressure. I’ve had what you describe happen to me and it’s usually the seals that have dried out so they will hold a little pressure but not enough (it’s worse on high pressure road pumps – 30psi just isn’t enough!), soaking in a bit of light oil is enough to bring everything back to life.

Always worth maintaining your tools (fnarr!) trail pumps are one of those things that you rarely use so forget that they need servicing as well. Before a big trip I’ll service mine and make sure that I can inflate my tyres with it before I leave home.

mashr

Lezyne

All i needed to see

joemmo
    Free Member

The Lezyne HV micro floor pump is the first ‘mini’ pump that I don’t actively hate to use.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Go-to trail pump nowdays ?’ is closed to new replies.