Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Go to cheap micro 4/3 camera?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Ive changed my camera every 2 years, which has come round, what’s good for £200 odd?

Got a Sony Alpha 5000

darrell
    Free Member

maybe 2nd hand panasonic GF (something or other)

am still using a GF1 from back in the day and it’s brilliant

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hah, I replaced mine with the Sony!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Maybe an Olympus EM10? About £175 used on eBay
    I have the original EM5 and it’s great. I have a GF1 too, though the Olympus is nicer. GF1 is worth so little I’m as well keeping it as a spare body.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ok maybe I shouldn’t have said cheap.

Mine seems to be worth £150-200, anything worth upgrading a bit to?

I presume compacts aren’t as good and dslrs still twice the bulk?

cp

Panasonic GX80 is brilliant. Gets very well reviews, and is feature-packed.

I used to have a Sony a5000 – the panny is lovely by comparison, really well made, much higher screen resolution, great features… And a much quieter shutter than the a5000!!!

CraigW
    Free Member

For a proper small camera, the Lumix GX800 is good. With the 12-32 kit zoom (or a little prime), you can fit it in your pocket.
    It doesn’t have a viewfinder, but the tilt screen is good. And 4K mode is nice.
    It is available for about £350 – probably the cheapest new Micro 4/3 camera.

damitamit
    Free Member

I wouldve thought you should stay with the same system so you can reuse lenses?

But if not… there’s a gx80 on avforums:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/panasonic-gx80-body.2121344/

or a Oly EM10

https://www.avforums.com/threads/olympus-omd-em10-mk-1-black-body-only.2121537/

I’ve got a EM10 mark II and it works great with a pany 25mm prime. The mark III has just been released so there may be deals around on the mark II.

plumber
    Free Member

I’m still buying the EPL1 bodies to go with my lenses

very cheap when they come up and I love the pictures/vid quality I can get

Still have a GH1 buts its fading now

5thElefant
    Free Member

Unless you spend a lot M43 is a downgrade to the Sony. If you’re spending a lot a newer Sony is better than m43…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting. My Sony is £350 in JL, I paid £390 for it 2 years ago!

Mate has a canon G7X, might look at that, the size of the Sony means I use it less.

cp

Unless you spend a lot M43 is a downgrade to the Sony.

rubbish!

Mate has a canon G7X, might look at that, the size of the Sony means I use it less.

[

are you after something smaller than the a5000? Because the a5000 is really rather small for *any* CSC. If you’re using the standard SEL1650 lens on the sony then you could look for a Sony 16 or 20mm pancake lens to make it smaller.

burko73

Got a g7x. Use it loads and the dslr hasn’t been out the house since I got it. I’m no expert but it takes great pics although shutter lag is a bit of a pain compared to dslr .

cynic-al
    Free Member

Size is the issue yes.

Looks like RX100 is decent and the cheapest if this type of camera + plenty around,I’ll give that a bash.

ampthill

I was about to say get an RX100.

If you need more reasons post again and I’ll list them. But the interchangeable lens options only pull ahead if you invest in lenses and then take them with you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Go to cheap micro 4/3 camera?’ is closed to new replies.