Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Go-to budget dropper post
  • didnthurt

Bent my Reverb so am in need of a new dropper post. The Reverb was 175mm long so wouldn’t want to go below 170mm (might even manage to squeeze in a 200m as long as the post collar isn’t to thick).

So Singletrack, what is the go to dropper post these days?

Ideally I’d not like to spend a fortune, mostly because I don’t have a fortune 😬

Cheers.

binman

OneUp ?

nickjb
    Free Member

Brand X are perfectly fine. Or One Up to let you have a little more drop if the frame has limited space.

ta11pau1

Brand X ultimate budget, One up if you want to spend a little more or get more drop.

thols2

Brand X

zerocool

Brand X

There are some very cheap ones on the Wiggle/CRC eBay shop (Tri-sport_resort)

mashr

Brand X, but not the Brand X lever

rudedog
    Free Member

How did you bend a reverb?

plus-one

Brand x

jayx2a
    Free Member

Brand X. Decent budget and you can adjust air pressure. Remote is very budget though. I’m using one with bikeyoke triggy alpha and no issues.

P20

Happy with my Brand X that replaced my reverb. Using a different (ztto) lever though

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Brand X more durable than oneUp IME.

Although my latest Ascend XL doesn’t have a valve to top up the pressure if it drops.

didnthurt

Cheers, I’ll maybe get a brand x.

chakaping
    Free Member

Brand X if you don’t have to worry about stack height.

OneUp if it’s gonna be a squeeze.

PS. I have a used 170mm OneUp in 31.6mm to sell, drop me a PM if that might be of interest.

desperatebicycle

Good prices on Brand X – at Startfitness: here

FOG

I have two Brand-X 150 and 170mm which replaced Reverbs. The remote is horrid as people have said above. I have ZTTO on one bike and Shimano on the other, the Shimano is definitely better.

didnthurt

Went with Chain reaction cycles for the next day delivery. Got Wednesday off so I’m going to take the Dave to Aberfoyle.

Cheers for the recommendations.

Anyone want a Reverb for spares?

didnthurt

Post was delivered today and was installed in about an hour including removing the knackered Reverb. It feels like a quality bit of kit and the lever feels fine. In fact I prefer it the big sharp Reverb one.

All set for some riding tomorrow.

Now the real question is whether to play it safe on the trails at Comrie or do I scare myself on the steep trails at Aberfoyle? 🤔

nickjb
    Free Member

Yeah, I don’t have an issue with the standard brandX lever but it does seem to be unpopular with some.

didnthurt

Amazing news! I sent my bent Reverb back to Planet X and they sent it onto SRAM. Got news today that SRAM are sending me a new replacement. So….. Do I keep it as a spare or get it sold?

Anyone want to make me an offer for a brand new 175mm reverb?

Spec:

Rockshox Reverb Stealth Dropper Seatpost 31.6mm
    2000mm
    Left
    467mm
    175mm

Edit:
    Forgot to thank Planet X and SRAM for replacing the post for me. Great warranty with polite and regular email updates from Planet X.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.