Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Go Pro Session for travelling daughter?
  • white101

So Jnr is heading to one of these camp america things this summer as University winds down for a bit. She’s planning to do some travelling afterwards and is thinking (of asking her dad) to buy a go pro or similar thing.

I must declare a vested interest at this stage, I usually get her cast offs when she has out grown the tech so I may eventually benefit.

I thought I would ask the hive mind what it thinks, is there anything better out there? Is it practical for travelling?

sprinter2139
    Free Member

I would say very practical for travelling. Waterproof without a case and single button operation once you get your settings locked in with a phone/tablet.

Durable and lightweight. Only downside over the Hero5 Black for example is that it doesn’t have interchangeable batteries. But even with the Black edition you’d then have to carry around a second or third battery, plus a charger, case to keep it all safe. etc.

Long story short, GoPro Session would be great for travelling.

akira

Nice and compact and easy to use but battery life isn’t great. If shes using it a lot shell need to charge it quite a bit, also worth thinking about what shes going to do with the footage, if she wants to upload it constantly then shell need decent wifi, alternatively a pile of memory cards but that expensive.

Flaperon

I have the black, it’s not much bigger or heavier than the session but the little screen makes it much easier to quickly frame shots.

Budget on an extra £15 for a spare battery though…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Biggest issue is doing something with the vids once recorded. You will probably blow through a hotel/hostel WiFi allowance uploading to the cloud or eat a lot of food using free wifi and waiting.

JackHammer

With the new Go Pros you can download direct to your phone/tablet via wifi (as if the GoPro is a router/modem type thing.

Then you can edit and upload from there.

Markie
    Free Member

I think it’s a great idea. We love our session 4 and the 5 looks fantastic. I’d recommend getting a floating handle for it – that’s the accessory we use most often – ours is the GoPro handler as below.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

If she is travelling then get a power bank to re-charge it when out and quite a few memory cards so you can store them out of the camera.

white101

Cheers for the info folks.

Suppose I better go shopping, she’s off to Pennsylvania in a months time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Go Pro Session for travelling daughter?’ is closed to new replies.